Effectively develop and implement sales plans for the assigned banking center(s) to achieve the strategic and tactical goals of the company. Play a major role in the coaching and development of team members to exceed sales and referral goals by focusing on delivering the whole bank to our customers through needs based conversations. Provide strong managerial leadership and direction to the banking center staff to ensure delivery of superior quality service and create a meaningful customer experience. Oversee the operational soundness of the banking center through training, coaching and inspecting of policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement an aggressive sales and marketing strategy to drive deposit, loan and partner referrals with new and existing client relationships to support the attainment of scorecard goals and metric.
- Establish and align sales goals for each banking center team member to maximize individual sales productivity.
- Schedule weekly call blocks for each banker to drive customer engagement and increase partner referrals.
- Promote the bank through community involvement and leverage contacts to create a pipeline of new business opportunities.
- Attend partner meetings to connect with other line of business partners to generate new business and deepen existing customer relationships.
- Complete quarterly tactical plans to effectively grow the banking center.
- Actively produce individual sales results for both consumer and business deposits and loans.
- Regularly conduct outside sales calls to nurture and grow established relationships and grow market share for the banking center(s) through frequent participation in business development activities with existing business customers in the market area.
- Establish a list of key business prospects and proactively develop relationships through regular and consistent business development activities to grow deposit and loan market share in the area.
- Market all types of business and consumer banking functions including deposits, lending, Private Wealth, brokerage, merchant processing, treasury management, etc.
- Develop and expand our First Direct bank at work program with current and prospective business customers and leverage the program as a way to develop new prospect opportunities in your area.
- Promote an understanding of business deposit and lending products and expand relationships with new and existing clients through ongoing outside business calling activities.
- Effectively utilize and document client conversations to deepen relationships and deliver the whole bank through cross selling and partner referrals to increase share of wallet.
- Open accounts and process loan applications for both consumer and business customers.
- Utilize the kiosk to provide education and assist new and existing customers to enroll in electronic banking products and services.
- Implement effective Sales Management routines designed to coach, teach, train and inspect sales activities within the banking center(s).
- Conduct weekly sales and pipeline meetings, daily huddles, touch bases with direct reports.
- Complete formal and informal coaching conversations monthly focusing on sales and service behavioral observation and the associated production from those behaviors.
- Coach bankers to the effective use of the guided conversation and associated sales tactics to expand relationships and increase share of wallet.
- Observe and coach teleconsulting activities including call block and call nights to achieve weekly partner referral and appointment goals.
- Establish high expectations for superior quality customer service on a wide variety of banking matters. Be highly responsive to process non-monetary requests for customers i.e. approve checks for cashing, accept and process stop payment requests, order debit cards, complete address changes and process check orders.
- Resolve customer inquiries, problems and complaints with scope of authority while proactively using service to sales techniques to provide solutions to customers for current financial needs. .
- Use feedback from Customer Service surveys to coach team members to build customer loyalty and create customer advocates.
- Engage banking center team and business partners to assist customers with a variety of personal and business banking needs.
- Ensure banking center team and partners deliver upon Gold Standard for Service expectations.
- Oversee and inspect all operational aspects of the banking center.
- Ensure successful results on the operational scorecard for the banking center
- Oversee and participate in completing the Daily Security Checklist including items such as oversight of operational aspects of the banking center; control opening and closing of the banking center, conduct audits, and banking center balancing.
- Monitor and assist with the resolution of deposit and loan exceptions in a timely fashion to ensure compliance and improve the customer experience.
- Attend and/or complete applicable required training classes. Manage and ensure completion of applicable and required training classes for all team members within the banking center.
- Ensure total compliance of physical and information security policy including business and consumer verification procedures.
- Set and maintain high expectations for branch appearance standards.
- Ensure compliance for regulations and reporting, including but not limited to: BSA, OFAC, CIP, CRA, EDD, etc.
- Create and foster a robust employee experience within the banking center.
- Actively participate in the hiring and recruitment of new employees for your banking center.
- Hold frequent performance and career development conversations to help employees reach both personal and profession goals.
- Provide employees an opportunity to develop new skills by empowering them to complete challenging tasks and assignments.
- Create an environment of open, honest and consistent feedback designed to improve individual and company performance.
- Use employee engagement survey results to evaluate your managerial skills and improve personal leadership opportunities.
Education - High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
Experience - Three (3) or more years of sales, management, banking, or related experience including serving in a lead or supervisory capacity.
License - This position requires S.A.F.E Act registration at the time of employment through the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS). Employees hired or transferring into this position will need to meet the qualification requirements within three (3) months of hire.
Other - Ability to obtain Notary Public designation.
Demonstrated ability to sell and cross-sell bank products and services.
Consumer lending experience. Supervisory experience in the banking industry.
Demonstrated ability to manage sales team to achieve threshold activity levels and performance goals.
High School (required)
Three (3) years of sales, management, banking, or related experience including serving in a lead or supervisory capacity. (required)
Licenses & Certifications
Notary Public (preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
First Merchants Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participant (M/F/D/V).