Company Generac Power Systems
Name Technical Support Engineer I (Maine) - Clean Energy
Req # 61939
Employment Type Full Time
There has never been a better time to work at Generac! Join Generac Clean Energy as we drive to build energy solutions for a more resilient, sustainable world.
Generac Clean Energy combines the speed and excitement of a technology startup with the resources and market power of an S&P 500 industry leader. Our careers offer boundless opportunity for energetic, mission-guided applicants who seek to make an impact in a fast-paced culture of teaching, learning, and professional growth, developing solar + storage products and software for the clean energy revolution.
Job Summary: Clean Energy Solutions, a subsidiary of Generac Power Systems seeks a Technical Support Engineer. The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for providing advanced technical support to our authorized dealer network including fielding and resolving technical service issues, providing troubleshooting support, and authorizing warranty repairs autonomously with minimal guidance from leadership. The Technical Support Engineer develops and maintains technical troubleshoot procedures, creates technical content for new product introductions, and manages technical support cases involving key accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer inbound calls and respond to emails from Dealer Technicians and respond to complex questions over the phone
- Provide accurate, timely, and descriptive notes during calls in salesforce
- Use and improve internal technical troubleshooting content
- Provide key account technical support
- Serve as a path of escalation for technical support representatives through the help desk
- Perform on-site troubleshooting, diagnosis, and repair as needed
- Work closely with product engineering and quality engineering to develop comprehensive troubleshooting content for the entire technical support team
- Update and maintain internal and external knowledge base
- Work to create customer and dealer facing technical video content
- Work with new hires, and existing employees to foster a culture of continuous improvement
- Provide technical training to new hires and as part of new product introductions.
- Mentors less experienced technical service representatives. Serve as technical expert for team and escalated calls.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related degree
- 1+ year of experience working in the power electronics industry, preferably with solar + energy storage
- Bilingual Spanish
- Familiarity with NEC
- NABCEP Certification
- Solid understanding of residential electrical systems
- Ability to read single line & three-line diagrams
- Previous technical support experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- In depth understanding of electrical (AC/DC) theory
- Knowledge of power converters, boost, buck, inverters, & rectifiers
- Understanding and working knowledge of engine maintenance and troubleshooting of gensets is a plus
- Understanding of PLC, Ethernet, and Modbus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to build rapport and establish/keep working relationships with customers, peers, and managers.
- Ability to professionally and effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to remain calm in high-stress situations
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office suit
- Leadership competency
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts, while taking into consideration varying degrees of customers' technical experience
- Ability to work independently and make decisions in the best interest of the customer and the company
- Advanced problem-solving skills
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting; close vision and ability to adjust focus. Up to 15% Travel.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."