At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR New England area consists of 5 offices (Boston, Rocky Hill, Providence, Manchester and Portland) and a staff of 250. It is a fast growing group which provides engineering, scientific, architectural, construction oversight and other consulting expertise to our clients. As we grow in New England- we are looking to add an Area Human Resources Leader.
In the role of New England Area Human Resources Leader we'll count on you to:
* Provide guidance to their Area Human Resource representatives, matrix business partners, and employees on Employee Relations matters.
* Assist employees and management with the interpretation and application of company policies and procedures.
* Receive employee concerns and effectively investigate and provide recommended resolution, partner with the Regional Human Resources Director and Regional Operations and Business Group Matrix leaders when necessary.
* Consult with Regional Human Resources Director, Area Managers & Managing Principals on performance management and behavioral concerns including assistance with drafting corrective actions and performance improvement documents.
* May assist in legal and compliance matters, agency charges, lawsuits and internal and external audits.
* Consult, coordinate and manage reductions in force and terminations of employment with the Regional Human Resources Director and Area Manager/Managing Principal, Regional Operations Director and Business Group Matrix leaders as needed.
* Manage the ADA accommodation process with counsel from the Regional Human Resources Directors.
* Ensure Human Resources procedures and responsibilities align with federal, state, local regulations and ethics practices.
* Drive annual employee performance review process and monitor results for maximum participation.
Diversity and Inclusion
* Assist with building on current practices to institute best-in-class efforts to promote equity and inclusion at all levels of the company.
* Focus on driving and supporting an inclusive work environment and on integrating diversity and equity into everyday business.
* Assist with diversity, equity and inclusion functions and positive initiatives.
* Complete the Affirmative Action Plan for your office(s) and engage staff in activities in support of the plan.
* Be a champion for diversity, equity and inclusion.
* Partner with Recruiting and the hiring manager on select recruitment activities.
* Identify and assist Human Resources representatives in the hiring of administrative and intern level positions.
* Coordinate with Recruiters on identification of alternative positions for staff faced with potential lay off due to lack of work.
* Partner with members of the recruiting team on driving educational based efforts to incorporate consistent usage of the recruitment tools and processes at a local level.
* Assist with Corporate Mobility and Immigration team on basic mobility and immigration matters.
Compensation & Benefits
* Partner with the Compensation and Benefit team with the administration of complex matters such as leave of absences, benefits and compensation.
* Other duties as assigned.
* A minimum of eight years related progressive experience in Human Resources
* Bachelor's degree
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Proficiency with MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to build and maintain positive internal relationships and be a team player.
* Detail oriented, with strong organizational and follow-up skills.
* Self-motivated with ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and various manager requests in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a strong client service level.
* Ability to remain a neutral third-party and maintain credibility as a consultant to management and employees.
* Ability to facilitate employee training.
* Must be committed to support HDR's values to Live the Network, to Listen First, to Hold Ourselves Accountable, to Push Boundaries and to Design Smart.
* Candidates who reside locally are preferred.
* Certifications focused in human resources (examples: PHR, SPHR, SHRM Certified Professional)
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.