At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.What you will be responsible for:
Working directly with the Scrum team and product owner, the Senior Scrum Master will support and facilitate the continual delivery of technical solutions and business value for large strategic trading project and/or collection of projects. The Senior Scrum Master will leverage knowledge of the asset management industry within the trading domain to deliver complete business solutions aligned with the strategic vision and corporate goals of MFS. This position will be expected to oversee and manage the complete lifecycle of large strategic trading project and/or collection of projects, backlog including oversight for all business, operations and technical efforts, including budget/burn rate tracking. The Senior Scrum Master will institute an open and transparent communication environment for all project efforts across team members, stakeholders and sponsors.
As a dependency to project success, the Senior Scrum Master will follow and champion Agile best practices and guidelines as defined by MFS. The Senior Scrum Master will participate in, and provide input to, the ongoing efforts to improve efficiency of the Technology group and Agile function.
- Builds strong relationships with business divisions and departments with Trading stakeholders and across MFS globally; builds a trusting environment where issues are raised with an emphasis on correcting and problem-solving. Champions collaborative discussion, decision-making and problem-solving in support of assigned initiatives.
- Facilitate daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings, ensuring correct use of scrum process.
- Mentors other Scrum Masters and is participates in the Scrum Master Community of Practice and/or Agile Action Team.
- Facilitate the completion of assignments efficiently and without dictating work. Contributes to building a culture where continuous improvement of the development process is a focus with a common goal to deliver outstanding software as fast as possible. Shield the team from outside distractions and interferences.
- Plan and create roadmaps with the Product Owner.
- Forecast the number of deliverables that are possible in an iteration, which is based on measures such as team velocity.
- Coaches the team in Agile practices and mindset.
- Removes impediments or guides the team to remove its own impediments.
- Monitor project or program budget and escalate issues as appropriate. May collaborate with Product Owner to develop annual budget.
- Tracks and publishes prescribed team metrics. Leverage JIRA or other tools to allow for transparent visualization of project execution.
- Assists with internal and external communication to ensure transparency with the team, sponsors and stakeholders.
- Actively identify areas of improvement and conceptualize methods on how to be more efficient.
- Work with resource managers to allocate resources appropriately and reprioritize as needed.
- May review vendor contracts to ensure MFS's best interests are represented.
- May manage a team of contractors
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required.
- 6-8+ years of related project management and/or Scrum Master experience within the asset management or financial services industry.
- Practical experience leading strategic, cross-functional, multi-year projects through all phases of delivery.
- Must possess strong business acumen.
- Financial skills to manage project's operating and capital budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, facilitation, conflict resolution and coaching skills.
- Experience designing and delivering presentations to diverse audiences.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to interact with all levels of MFS management.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) preferred
- Master's degree or equivalent preferred.
- Experience leading teams focused on the implementation of SaaS based platforms.
At MFS, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply - you might be just the right candidate for this role or others.What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment (remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision, linked for your reference.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Click here to view the EEO is the Law poster and supplement.