Company Generac Power Systems
Name Field Application Engineer I - (Connecticut) - Clean Energy
Req # 61931
Employment Type Full Time
There has never been a better time to work at Generac! Join Generac Clean Energy as we drive to build energy solutions for a more resilient, sustainable world.
Generac Clean Energy combines the speed and excitement of a technology startup with the resources and market power of an S&P 500 industry leader. Our careers offer boundless opportunity for energetic, mission-driven applicants who seek to make an impact in a fast-paced culture of teaching, learning, and professional growth, developing solar + storage products and software for the clean energy revolution.
Clean Energy Solutions, a subsidiary of Generac Power Systems, seeks a qualified Field Applications Engineer to be based in Connecticut. This role solves problems in the field to maintain customer confidence and foster strong dealer relationships. The Field Application Engineer provides direct technical support, training, and fleet maintenance to key dealer accounts in order to accelerate their Solar + Storage installation businesses. Through their experiences with consumers and installers, the Field Applications Engineer helps to improve product quality providing 'voice of customer' to Product Engineering, and Product Managers. This position will report to the regional Field Application Engineering Supervisor for Generac Clean Energy Systems.
- Travel to customer sites to help with complex Solar + Storage installations and problem-solve field issues with PWRcell equipment as the technical team contact in the geographical area.
- Record detailed information of service activities.
- Solve highly technical product related issues over the phone and via email.
- Establish periodic touch points with key installers to accelerate the adoption of PWRcell Solar + Storage equipment.
- Training at customer sites including design and installation.
- Single line diagram review and design support
- Provide technical support for successful rollout of new products while maintaining closed loop feedback with the product development teams.
- Review CES training materials, manuals, and other new or updated technical content before being published.
- Provide technical guidance to internal and external sales associates.
- Work with Sr. Field Application Engineers to, diagnose, and provide reliable solutions for escalated technical and installation issues to assure complete customer satisfaction.
- Identify regulatory barriers to customer success and mobilize internal resources (code specialists, product managers, product engineers) to quickly resolve.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering OR related Engineering discipline. A valid Electrical Contractor's License and applicable experience will be considered in leu of an Engineering degree.
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience, internships included.
- Travel required, day trips and regional (up to 50%), occasional out of region travel required
- Hands-on experience with Residential Electrical Systems and/or Solar + Battery Storage Systems.
- Intermediate knowledge of serial communications and connected devices.
- Familiarity with code and compliance related to residential electrical and solar + storage systems.
- NABCEP Certification.
- Spanish speaking a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic understanding of electronics.
- Familiarity with the NEC
- Basic understanding of test equipment such as oscilloscopes and meters
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to build rapport and establish/keep working relationships with customers, peers, and managers.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics with a good understanding of high voltage and measurement equipment.
- Ability to communicate distinctly and effectively in English using proper grammar to effectively answer all customer inquiries promptly and accurately.
- General understanding of Microsoft Office products and the ability to adapt to other computer systems quickly and utilize them efficiently while on the phone with a caller.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus.