Benesch is a growing, multi-disciplined planning, engineering, and professional services firm. We enhance infrastructure and communities across the country - creating spaces and providing connections in ways that make a difference.
We pride ourselves on being nimble enough to remain responsive to client needs, yet large enough to offer exceptional bench strength. As a member of our team, you'll have an opportunity to draw from those resources when you need them, and likewise, contribute your expertise when you have something to share.
At Benesch, we are looking for candidates with varied backgrounds and worldviews. Diverse ideas come from diverse people, and we are committed to offering an inclusive work environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Benesch is a great company to work for! Our comprehensive benefits package includes paid over-time, exceptional retirement fund contributions, flexible schedules, wellness incentives, and all-around great people to work with. Take your career to the next level by applying today.
Statistics show that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply for a position if they don't meet 100% of the qualifications. If this statement resonates with you - don't be so hard on yourself. Apply for the job!Railroad Public Projects Representative - West Region
We have a career opportunity for a Railroad Public Projects Manager. As a Public Project Manager, you will provide support services for railroads, from owning project assignments and progressing projects through the preliminary engineering phase into the construction phase.
The Public Projects Manager position can be located in one of our Benesch local offices, working with other managers and support staff in various office locations.The Impact You Will Have:
* You will delegate project work and resources and provide mentorship and support to assigned staff.
* You will assist with railroad project management services and work with various local and state government agency project sponsors.
* You will review and handle initial project requests from local and state government agencies, citizens, consultants, and developers that may impact railroad property/right of way.
* You will mangae project updates, implementation of new processes, and continued maintenance of project databases.
* You will perform project reporting and other project file-related practices.
* You will report and communicate with the owning railroad's managers and manage cost-effective coordination.
* You may travel to various railroad site locations.What We Are Looking For:
* An Associate Degree or relevant experience.
* Excellent communication and client relation skills.
* Proficiency in Windows applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and basic computer skills.
* You will have strong organizational and leadership skills with a track record for adhering to budgets and schedules.