Why join Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma?
Our mission is to help improve the health of humankind.
We are a fully integrated contract development and manufacturing organization with sites in Belgium, United States, Japan, and India providing comprehensive development, cGMP manufacturing, and aseptic fill finish services. We pride ourselves in offering a unique environment in which the work we do every day plays a crucial role in society.
We hope to inspire employees to come to work engaged and ready to give their all. This allows Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma to meet the commitments it makes to partners, patients and employees.
Total Rewards package designed to make your life better:
We offer health benefits, annual performance bonus, generous paid time off, paid parental leave, matching 401k contributions (immediate vesting), tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and much more!
Your next career move:
We are currently seeking a Supervisor, Procurement to be responsible for supervising Procurement personnel and supporting development of strategic purchasing plans. This position should also have experience in supporting the creation and implementing category plans and negotiating short term and long term transactions with suppliers. This position partners with other departments cross functionally to support business growth, improve customer service, and reduce costs.
- Supervision of Procurement personnel.
- Supports creation and implementation of category plans.
- Monitors purchasing systems and procedures and ensures compliance to company authorizations, policies, and procedures with respect to the purchasing function.
- Researches suppliers, pricing, cost effectiveness, and availability of material and commodities.
- Establishes and maintains vendor relationships and monitors suppliers OTIF.
- Identifies and resolves purchasing related issues for materials and manages suppliers associated with respective commodities.
- Utilizes and assists with implementation of "e-tools" (ERP etc.) to help drive programs.
- Prepares and issues purchase orders and change notices.
- Regular and reliable attendance on a full time basis [or in accordance with posted schedule].
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal and external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company's policies and practices.
- Embodies Aji Bio-Pharma's cultural values and aligns daily actions with department goals and company culture.
- Bachelor's degree in a business related discipline or equivalent experience required. Membership of professional body such as ISM, APICs or CIPS.
- Minimum of six plus (6+) years of experience in Procurement.
- The ability to think strategically, articulating a clear vision and aligning the Procurement strategy to business objectives.
- Is aware of the key principles and relevant sources of information on corporate social responsibility.
- Understanding of operational procurement practices and processes and the ability to apply them.
- Understanding of Category Management, Collaborative Procurement and Strategic sourcing approaches and the ability to apply them.
- The ability to actively manage contracts, ensuring performance standards are achieved and benefits realized.
- The ability to proactively manage and develop strong working relationships with stakeholders by building trust and understanding.
- The ability to work in partnership with stakeholders to manage and develop strong working relationships with suppliers.
- Understanding of the competitive market in which suppliers operate and proactive management to maximize opportunity.
- Understanding the principles, strategies and tactics of effective negotiation and ability to apply them effectively.
- Understanding legal implications and aspects and their relevance to Procurement.
- Understanding of current systems and future system development.
- Understanding of costs and prices and the ability to apply the tools and techniques of financial assessment.
- Knowledge in Supply Chain and corresponding regulatory compliance.
The anticipated salary range for candidates who will work in California is $79,605.64 - $111,447.90
The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job, type and length of experience within the job, type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc. Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services is a multi-state employer and this salary range may not reflect positions that work in other states.
If you meet the requirements above, and would like to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.ajibio-pharma.com and click on the "Careers" section. Please be sure to note where you saw our ad posting.
New hires will pass a background check and drug screen as a condition of employment.
We are an EOE dedicated to a diverse work force and Drug Free work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.