Westlake Corporation is offering an opportunity to apply your experience and skills as a Senior Process Engineer based in Lake Charles, LA. This position will be responsible for developing the process design and engineering deliverables for small to mid-size projects, and supporting major expansion in the EDC/VCM plant. Some Plant operations support is also required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Understand, commit to, and fulfill responsibilities under the Environmental Compliance, Quality Management, and Process Safety Management systems. Supports Lean Six Sigma Methodology.
- Provide technical expertise in EDC/VCM and/or PVC processes in the review, verification, and implementation of the Project design, construction, commission, start-up, and optimization phases.
- Comprehensive review of the HAZOP/LOPA outputs, to ensure findings are addressed, and to coordinate the Management of Change process for key areas as assigned.
- Provide technical expertise and support as required to Operations. Understands all applicable process technology, equipment and control technology. Stays up to date with developments in VCM/EDC technology.
- Develop preliminary designs suitable for the level of the estimate being prepared as part of a capital project development study
- Oversee PFD and P&ID development, heat and material balances, hydraulic calculations and other process engineering tasks with third party engineering firms.
- Prepare equipment specifications. Maintain familiarity with and utilize industry standards, procedures, and guidelines. Check calculations, reports, and studies made by other engineers to ensure accuracy, as well as conformance to codes, specifications, design criteria and good engineering practices.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills including an orientation to team development. Knowledgeable in MS Office, SAP, ASPEN and other industry-recognized software is preferred.
- Support facility safety initiatives.
- Commit to participate in EDC/VCM/PVC industry safety associations such as the Vinyl Chloride Safety Association (VCSA).
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years' experience. Process knowledge of EDC/VCM required. Process knowledge of PVC preferred. Foxboro DCS experience preferred. Excellent communication skills required. Must be able to work in a team environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, FRC, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel including air travel or auto travel may occasionally be required.
Westlake Management Services, Inc. is proud to offer equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants to join our company and to succeed as members of our team regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.