If you're looking for a place to grow your career, where you can contribute to a dynamic innovative firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals - Geosyntec is the place for you! We're looking for a Principal Pipeline Engineer with at least 10 years of experience to join our growing pipeline services practice in Tampa, Florida. This position is well-suited for a talented, highly experienced individual who is interested in being a leader and contributing to innovative and challenging projects involving mid-stream oil and gas pipeline systems and to further develop a new line of service for existing clients and support an industry leading Pipeline Geohazards Practice.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Some of the key responsibilities for the position include:
- Developing business opportunities with new and existing clients and preparing associated proposals.
- Effectively stewarding and building client relationships to repeat business.
- Managing the overall delivery of projects including, project planning and controls, financial management, change management, risk management, and contract/subcontract management,
- Managing multiple projects within the scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensuring quality standards on project deliverables.
- Leading cross-disciplinary teams to execute projects and meet client expectations.
- Preparing engineering reports, design calculations, drawings, and technical specifications related to pipeline design and construction including new-build and replacement and upgrade projects.
- Developing construction drawing packages and contractor specifications for mid-stream oil and gas pipeline projects.
- Overseeing, supervising, and mentoring junior engineers, civil designers, and drafting technicians.
- Providing senior review of project deliverables, including but not limited to design basis documents, cost estimates, project schedules, pipe stress analysis and other engineering calculations, construction drawing packages and specifications.
- Traveling as needed for client meetings and site visits.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec's culture. We operate under a sell-manage-do culture, and so we expect that you'd work on challenging technical projects while leveraging your existing knowledge and experience to help Geosyntec expand its current practices and capabilities through business development and client management.
Here are some other things you should know about a typical practitioner position with Geosyntec:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork and overnight travel may be necessary.
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual's own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or mechanical engineering. (required)
- Advanced degree in civil or mechanical engineering (preferred)
- Professional registration (i.e., P.E.). (required)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 10 years of directly relevant experience in a pipeline engineering consulting environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Experience managing the overall delivery of projects including, project planning and controls, financial management, change management, risk management, and contract/subcontract management. (required)
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed. (required)
- Experience with project management and engineering design of pipeline projects including feasibly studies, route selection, alternatives analysis, development of pipeline design basis, project works scope and bid documents, construction management and as-built drawings.
- Working knowledge of applicable design codes and standards including ASME B31.3, B31.4, B31.8, 49 CFR 192 and 195.
- Experience with various pipeline installation techniques including open cut, horizontal directional drilling, horizontal auger bore, pipe ramming, etc.
- Familiarity with mid-stream O&G integrity management programs and execution of projects within integrity management framework.
- Experience with Piping and Instrumentation Drawing (P&ID) development
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. (required)
- Knowledge of applied software (e.g., AutoCAD Civil3D, Pipeline Toolbox, etc.). and/or numerical methods using spreadsheets. (preferred)
- Ability to work independently and manage time and project responsibilities.
- Ability to work with technically and geographically diverse team.
- Valid U.S. driver's license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer including minorities, females, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity.