Company Generac Power Systems
Name Designer III
Req # 61822
Employment Type Full Time
At Generac, our people help make the world safer, brighter, and more productive. We are united by our efforts to inspire change for a better world; impact our people and community; influence and achieve positive results; and innovate the industry. Our shared goals allow people with diverse backgrounds and points of view to work together, bringing our global customers peace of mind through reliable products and exceptional support.
Job Summary: In the role of Designer III located in Waukesha, WI, you will be part of the Commercial and Industrial Engineering team. The Designer III is responsible for providing support for bringing new products and technologies to the market. This position designs components and subsystems and collaborates with engineers to create models, drawings, sub-assemblies and specifications in support of assigned design work.
This position reports to Commercial and Industrial Engineering Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and maintains detailed design 3D models and 2D drawings, schematics, specifications, kits, BOMs, and/or instructions for field kits using Computer Aided Design (CAD) software in accordance with Generac and industry standards.
- Works closely with design originators (e.g., engineers, other senior designers, etc.) with minimal supervision to resolve design details or discrepancies, or to prepare 3D models and 2D drawings of unusual, complex, or original designs and complex full assemblies, which require a high degree of precision using CAD (Computer Aided Drafting) or basic CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) software.
- Creates, modifies and controls a variety of detailed and, at times, complex documentation (3D models and 2D drawings) from engineers' and senior staff's sketches, plans, written and verbal instructions.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of select departmental standards and procedures.
- Associate's Degree in design or equivalent work experience.
- 7 years of new product design for engine/motor driven machinery, equipment or powered tools.
- 7 years of AutoCad system use.
- Experience in large CAD assembly management.
- Experience working on multiple projects with cross functional groups on new product design and development.
- 5 years' experience in 3D solid modeling and 2D drafting tools, ideally CREO and/or SolidWorks.
- 5 years' experience using Windchill PLM, SAP or comparably complex ERP systems and data management tools.
- 2 years' experience mentoring others.
- Strong understanding of drafting standards as well as GD&T aligned to ASME Y14.5 concepts and application.
Great Reasons to work for Generac:
- Competitive Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k and many more
- State-of-the-art facility with an onsite gym, walking trails, cafe, free parking and many employee activities.
- Scheduled events throughout the year that allow our employees, both current and retirees, to gather together and enjoy their time with their families and co-workers.
- Enjoy summer hours (Memorial Day-Labor Day).
- Pride! When a storm strikes, Generac employees always rise to the occasion. Each time a storm hits, many employees volunteer their time with the customer support team or on the production line, while others go right into storm-affected areas to repair generators.
- Make a positive impact. Generac has always been community-minded and dedicated to giving back. The company proudly offers a Volunteer Time Off program, inviting team members to participate in charitable volunteer opportunities on company time.
- We believe in having fun. From minor celebrations to major events, our employees balance their work by building a strong culture of teamwork and collaboration through a variety of occasions, including our Fun Days.
- We're an inclusive company that celebrates differences and keeps equity and respect at the forefront.
- We offer product loan and discount programs.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel may be required.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."