Mortenson's success is not a matter of luck; it's a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" 38 times regionally over the past decade...
...What are you waiting for?!
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Senior Superintendent with the ability to interact with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment, remaining flexible, resourceful, proactive, and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Aptitude to anticipate problems, critical issues, and opportunities as they arise; along with the capability to creatively solve problems and bring together viable solutions. The Senior Superintendent will be responsible for providing coordination of project site work activities and supervision of on-site work teams for multiple construction projects or large, complex construction projects.
The base compensation range for this role is $132,800 - $199,200 (Actual range is higher for the following office locations: Denver, CO and Chicago, IL - 5%, Seattle, WA, and Portland, OR - 10%, Washington, D.C. - 12.5%) This position is eligible for a potential annual bonus.
Base pay is positioned within the range based on several factors including an individual's knowledge, skill, and experience with consideration given to internal equity.
Organization, flexibility, outstanding customer focus, and strong communication are critical in performing duties which include, but are not limited to:
- Overall management of construction activities and task assignments
- Interface with other departments to ensure all required materials, equipment, and inspections support the project schedule
- Work with Project Manager(s) to budget, forecast, and manage craft labor, equipment, materials, small tools, consumables, and general working environment
- Review construction documents for completeness and constructability
- Create, review, and update project schedule and three-week look ahead schedule
- Coordinate plans and specifications with engineers, identifying and clarifying any discrepancies
- Develop and implement a site utilization plan and establish crew sizes
- Select formwork systems and equipment
- Conduct effective pre-construction planning sessions and project site meetings
- Oversight and supervision of work crews
- Coach, mentor, and train field personnel, foremen, and assistant superintendents
- Establish and nurture a teamwork environment
- Ensure crews have resources and support
- Provide work direction and performance evaluations
- Identity hiring needs and participation in hiring, performance management, and dismissal decisions
- Develop leadership potential through appropriate task assignments and career growth opportunities
- Implement Mortenson's Zero Injury Safety Program at the project site
- Manage open shop and union issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain relationships with all visitors to the site: customers, architects, union representatives, subcontractors, et al.
- Manage site work and logistics efficiently, providing suggestions for improvement
- Associate or bachelor's degree in construction, Civil, or Architectural Engineering, or Construction Management, or 10 years of trade experience
- Minimum 15 years of construction experience
- Minimum 10 years experience in a supervisory role
- Current driver's license
- Proven ability to fulfill all responsibilities for multiple, complex projects
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and manage multiple project tasks
- Possess a basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Microsoft Office skills at an intermediate level
- Proven positive and professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies
- Associate's or bachelor's degree in construction, Civil, or Architectural Engineering, or Construction Management, or 10 years of trade experience
Mortenson provides a comprehensive benefits program to team members and their families to support their health, build long-term financial security and provide the opportunity for work and life balance.
Benefits offered to non-craft; non-union, full-time team members include:
- Medical and prescription drug plans - a choice between two affordable HSA-eligible medical plans that include vision coverage, expert medical second opinion, tobacco cessation program, and fertility benefits
- Dental plan
- 401k retirement plan with generous matching and profit-sharing contributions
- Paid time off, holidays, bereavement, parental leave, and other paid leaves
- Life, AD&D, business travel accident, and disability insurance
- Employee assistance program and online mental health tool and concierge
- Tuition reimbursement
- Adoption Assistance
- Gym Membership Discount Program
- Identity Theft Protection
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer. #LI-JN1