Company Generac Power Systems
Name Regional Development Manager II
Req # 61691
Employment Type Full Time
At Generac, we don't simply wait for opportunities to come to us. Our teams consistently seek out new and innovative advances in our industry, driving our great success and company growth. We are a leader in the power generation industry that is successfully breaking ground in the Clean Energy segment. This growth equals rapid career advancement opportunities for those who want to be challenged and enjoy a fast-paced, high-performance culture. Join us, as we inspire change for a better world, positively impact our people and the community, influence and achieve positive results that support growth, and innovate the industry.
- Develops, designs, and executes short term and long-term business plans related to all aspects/divisions of regional distribution partners.
- Develops and implements strategic relationships with key decision makers.
- Conducts sales presentations and provides training on new programs and products.
- Works with distributors to increase parts and service sales, leveraging Generac products and services.
- Expands product line within current distribution partners.
- Analyzes territory opportunities and discovers customers needs.
- Creates KPI's to align with overall channel goals.
- Tracks and reports on territory metrics regularly coordinates all marketing activities with distribution partners.
- Provides reconnaissance of competitors' influence within territory and develops a plan to counter their influence within assigned territory. Creates solution-based sales strategies.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years field sales experience in 2 step distribution
- Experience with electrical and HVAC wholesale partners, electrical contractors, HVAC contractors, from a partnership and business development standpoint
- Previous trade experience, experience in the power generation, or installed equipment industries
- Territory marketing campaign development, conduct, present and provide training on products & programs
- Proficiency with business analysis to understand key business metric
- Effective negotiation skills with the ability to understand the complex sales process.
- The analytical ability to understand key business metrics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across multiple audiences including top management.
- Self- motivated with the ability to work independently in a field-based role.
- Ability to define complex problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Visit multiple locations daily.
- Proven ability to implement process improvements within a matrix organization.
- Competitive Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k and many more
- Scheduled events throughout the year that allow our employees, both current and retirees, to gather together and enjoy their time with their families and co-workers
- Enjoy summer hours (Memorial Day - Labor Day)
- Pride! When a storm strikes, Generac employees always rise to the occasion. Each time a storm hits many employees volunteer their time with the customer support team or on the production line while others go right into storm-affected areas to repair generators
- We believe in having fun. From minor celebrations to major events, our employees balance their work by building a strong culture of teamwork and collaboration through a variety of occasions, including our Fun Days.
"Generac is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this remote role is $69,000 - $103,000. This compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications and geographic location. This role is eligible for variable compensation including short term and long-term incentives.
This position includes a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans; life, long-term disability, flexible spending and health savings accounts, accrued paid time off, 8 paid Holidays and 401(k) retirement benefits."