Company Generac Power Systems
Name Technical Service Supervisor
Req # 61792
Employment Type Full Time
It's a challenge and an invitation. Most importantly, it's an opportunity to join an innovative industry leader as part of Generac Clean Energy Team. As we invest in new companies and technologies, we're shaping the market and becoming a global powerhouse in the Energy Storage System Market, leading to steady, unprecedented growth. This rapid growth equals rapid career advancement opportunities for those who want to be challenged and enjoy a fast-paced, high-performance culture.
The Technical Service Supervisor is responsible for the day to day supervision of a Technical Support Team. This includes employee onboarding, training, mentoring and reviews. This position is also responsible for the assigning of specific job duties, tracking and reporting of specific key performance indicators.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Selects, coaches and develops staff. Sets clear expectations to inspire and motivate the team. Manages performance-- recognizing achievement, providing feedback and administering progressive discipline when necessary.
- Tracks and creates reports on specific key performance indicators
Day to Day
- Answer in-bound calls from Technicians and answer questions over the phone
- Gather and prepare documentation regarding product failure
- Analyze failure modes to assist in determining root cause
- Troubleshoot with the dealer technicians how to navigate Generac's warranty systems and submit claims electronically
- Serve as technical expert for team and escalated calls
- Associates Degree in related technical field or equivalent experience
- 4 years related technical experience
- 1 year experience leading or mentoring a team of individuals or long-term projects
- Knowledge of Solar or Electrical installations
- Strong interest to work in the Renewable Energy field
- Bilingual Spanish
- Previous experience using SAP or equivalent ERP
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic understanding of mechanical and electrical (AC/DC) fundamental theory
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a professional manner;
- Ability to work independently and make decisions in the best interest of the customer and the company;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to remain calm in high-stress situations;
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts, while taking into consideration the varying degrees of customers' technical experience
- Trouble-shooting skills
- Active listening skills
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Up to 20% travel and valid Driver's License required.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."