Planate Management Group (PMG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, and Orlando, Florida USA with a technical support center in South East Asia and East Africa, that provides program management and facilities engineering services worldwide. Planate is a small business provider of planning, design, infrastructure management, technical consulting, engineering, and construction management services in support of the US Department of Defense (DOD) and its Service (Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps) missions, along with other US federal agencies, all over the world.
The Senior Interior Designer will be responsible for developing and continuing an interior design program for all areas of the hospital. You will also develop a space plan with considerations on specifying materials, furnishings, flooring, lighting, furniture and fixtures, and many more.
This requirement is for on-site work at the VA Palo Alto Healthcare System (VAPAHCS).
This is an urgent fill to start before February 15, 2023. The Company will shoulder a reasonable amount of relocation costs.
- Responsible for planning, design, coordination, furnishing of technical assistance, and review of interior design aspects to include new - or alteration and renovation of - building type structures, and general facility maintenance
- Plans and implement a comprehensive Interior Design Program which includes providing complete interior design services for the organization to include satellite facilities
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert for all furnishings, window treatments, patient cubicle curtains, wall coverings, floor coverings, wall art, lighting, ceiling treatments, casework, and all other interior design-related accouterments from origination to installation
- Develops project timelines to ensure orders are in place
- Participates in pre-design meetings obtains pertinent design criteria and initiates actions to obtain applicable information and criteria
- Works with the client to develop a space projection for overall spatial needs
- Prepares FF&E budgets and purchasing packages if required
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Qualifications to be successful in the role:
- Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of interior design experience in a healthcare environment or hospital industry or as a facility-based interior designer
- With extensive design theory, space planning, and project management knowledge
- Knowledgeable in different types of healthcare environments and familiar with all furniture lines, essential
- Computer literate: Autodesk, AutoCAD, Microsoft One Note, and Project
- Strong communication skills in English both written and oral. Experience in preparing correspondence, written reports, and maintaining official project records. Experience in conducting meetings, and briefing clients and management personnel.
- Knowledge of safety practices in the construction industry, including specifically, a background that indicates familiarity with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety requirements on construction projects.
- Must lawfully reside in the United States and be eligible for employment (Planate does not sponsor visas or work permits)
Visit our career site to know more about our other openings.
COVID 19 PROTOCOL: Due to the nature of work, the successful candidate will be required to comply with all Federal guidelines regarding vaccination for all employees and contractors (as applicable in the respective U.S. State or outlying area). Please refer to Executive Order 14042, Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors for more information.
Joining the Planate team opens you to an experience working for a Global company where you are among a team that is considered a premier trusted partner for planning, design, engineering, asset management, and professional service solutions anytime, anywhere. We Take Care of Our Own; Personally, and Professionally, Up and Down The Line.
LLC: Full-Time employees enjoy the following benefits:
- Medical insurance
- 401K plan eligibility upon hire
- Health and Savings Account plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Offering
- Training and Development
- License/Certification support
- Recognition and Rewards program
- Travel Insurance
We'd love for you to be a part of our Global workforce, helping us serve as an effective and integrated partner to advance every client's mission!
Planate Management Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Joining the Planate team opens you to an experience working for a Global company where you are among a team that is considered a premier trusted partner for planning, design, engineering, asset management, and professional service solutions anytime, anywhere. We Take Care of Our Own; Personally and Professionally, Up and Down The Line.
We’d love for you to be a part of our Global workforce, helping us serve as an effective and integrated partner to advance every client's mission!