|Job ID||2022-1730||# of Openings||1||Category||Architectural|
We're looking for an Architectural Studio Lead to join our dynamic team in our Atlanta office. Balancing great schools, green spaces, and beautiful neighborhoods with all the benefits of a big city-attractions, sports, culture, fine dining, shopping, and more-Atlanta remains one of the most desirable cities in which to live and work in the U.S.
BRPH is a technically focused, creative architecture, design, engineering, construction services and mission solutions firm providing innovative solutions to mission-driven clients in the aerospace, defense, education, manufacturing, commercial, entertainment and hospitality market sectors. Founded in 1964, BRPH is consistently ranked among the nation's top firms and has completed a wide range of projects across the United States and throughout the world.
Leads and directs the Architecture staff within an office and performs design and other tasks of architecture projects by maintaining the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Lead and Architecture staff within an office.
* Point of contact for Market Sector Leaders, Office Leaders, Discipline Director and Project Managers for staff allocation/resources for their office.
* Provide technical and personnel guidance and mentorship, including coordinating and checking their work.
* Will serve as office staff supervisor unless Discipline Director agrees to other arraignments. This could be affected by market, size of staff or skill sets of senior staff.
* Works with Discipline Director and/or Office Lead for staff development in their office.
* May be assigned projects requiring skills in architecture, economics, business operations, marketing, etc., which may be teamed or individual oriented, and may have a far-reaching impact on the company.
* Prepares reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, cost estimates and permits for projects.
* Visits construction site to review, monitor, and report progress and perform other construction administration duties, such as shop drawing review, attend construction site meetings, review RFI's, prepare ASI's, PR's, prepare status reports, per the contract documents.
* Provide coordination of all applicable project discipline's drawings and specifications.
* Assist in preparing design budgets, marketing proposals, presentations and cost estimates.
* Assist in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects.
* Promote communications, cooperation and quality among staff.
* Must be proficient in the use of:
* Microsoft Windows, Excel, Project, and Word
* Understanding of company CAD software used for production and/or presentations
* Department miscellaneous system and product selection and sizing software
* Promotes and represents the firm in a professional manner.
* Responsible for job specific standards, practices and quality as defined in BRPH Systems Manuals.
* Prepares and monitors project budgets. Has overall responsibility for the profitability of his/her projects.
* Responsible for meeting project schedules, timely completion and quality of assigned projects.
* May serve as a project manager or project architect on assigned projects.
* Should be active in professional trade organizations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum of bachelor's degree, in architecture from an accredited four-year college or university
* Must have passed the exam and be certified as a Registered Architect
* Minimum of ten years' experience as a Licensed Architect.
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.