At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
As a structural intern at HDR, you will work with a team of licensed structural engineers, engineers in training, and BIM designers on different project types and with diverse professionals as described above. Our goal will be to engage you in all facets of our work so that you will gain a better understanding of how your coursework is applied in real-world settings and inspire you to engage in a career in structural engineering upon graduation.
In the role of Intern Engineering, we'll count on you to:
* Learn how to read and interpret engineering Drawings and Specifications (Contract Documents)
* Participate in engineering design and analysis to the extent that your knowledge and completed coursework will enable
* Help to produce structural models and drawings using Revit BIM software
* Visit projects under construction to learn how structures are built and inspected
* Review fabrication (shop) drawings from contractors for conformance to the structural engineering design drawings and specifications
* Perform other duties as required
* Offer real-world experience on exciting projects
We seek a smart, creative, and hard-working individual to join our team with potential for a career in the dynamic, diverse, and employee-owned culture of HDR.
* Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate engineering program at an ABET accredited university with a major in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or Architectural Engineering and pursuing emphasis in Structural Engineering.
* 3.0 or higher overall grade point average.
* Minimum of 2 years completed towards bachelor's degree.
* Strong problem-solving and communication skills.
* Ability to work in our downtown Los Angeles office.
* An attitude that demonstrates a desire to learn, eagerness to serve clients and project teams, enthusiasm for collaboration with others, and desire to contribute to the success of our team.
* An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
* Prefer 2 years completed toward degree with a minimum of 3.0 GPA
* Demonstrated knowledge of software packages related to field of study/industry
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
We provide a comprehensive benefits package that promotes employee ownership, employee health, performance, and success, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time off, parental leave, paid holidays, 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match, employee referral bonuses and tuition reimbursement. The expected compensation range for this position is $21.00- $25.00 annually/hourly depending upon skills, experience, education and geographical location.