Role and Responsibilities
Who We Are:
- CAE Vision: Our vision is to be the worldwide partner of choice in defense and security, civil aviation, and healthcare by revolutionizing our customers' training and critical operations with digitally immersive solutions to elevate safety, efficiency and readiness.
- CAE Defense & Security Mission: CAE's Defense and Security business unit focuses on helping prepare military customers to develop and maintain the highest levels of mission readiness.
- CAE Values: Empowerment, Innovation, Excellence, Integrity and OneCAE make us who we are and we strive to make a difference in the world while helping each other succeed.
What We Have to Offer:
- Comprehensive and competitive benefits package and flexibility that promotes work-life balance
- A work environment where all employees are valued, respected and safe
- Freedom to succeed by enabling team members to deliver, take initiatives and make decisions
- Recognition, professional development, advancement and having fun!
The Internal Auditor is responsible for developing and executing audit plans to evaluate the internal control environment, and assisting in the establishment, development and evaluation of a company's internal controls over financial reporting, compliance and business operations. The Internal Auditor is responsible for performing financial, operational and compliance audits to evaluate process performance against objectives and third-party standards. The Internal Auditor is responsible for conducting and assisting in the reporting on scheduled audits, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404 key control testing, investigations, and departmental projects. Assignments range throughout the varying areas of the Organization, including audits that are technical in nature and highly regulated (compliance specific). The Internal Auditor is responsible to fulfill professional and organization responsibilities including the Standards of Professional Practice of Internal Auditing Code of Ethics, as well as the Internal Audit Program Charter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The major duties of the job that constitute the fundamental tasks and or responsibilities of the position:
- Work with Internal Audit Lead to understand and execute against the Annual SOX Audit Plan
- Perform internal control testing and evaluation of operating effectiveness of internal control in the context of SOX certification.
- Participate and assists in performing and controlling the full audit cycle, including risk management and control management over the operations' effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations for the organization.
- Participate, supports and assists in developing the scope of assigned internal audits and SOX 404 testing by selecting and developing appropriate audit procedures for the work programs to achieve audit objectives. Discusses and reviews audit procedures and work programs with the Internal Audit Lead and Manager prior to commencing test work for collaboration and corroboration in order to maintain consistent, effective audit coverage. Participates in recommending changes and improvements to established work programs and audit testing approaches as appropriate via discussion and review with the Internal Audit Lead and Manager. Challenging current processes across the organization and identify opportunities for refinement and discussing and reviewing with Internal Audit Lead and Manager for collaboration and corroboration.
- Ensures responsible members of management have been made aware of and understand the audit objectives and assignment. Promotes dialogue and input from auditees with respect to the audit area, associated risks and areas of focus and communicates with a variety of stakeholders across the organization.
- Participates in the evaluation of the design and operating effectiveness of the system of internal controls, adherence to established policies and procedures, and regulatory guidance and conducts test work as outlined in the audit work program. Utilizes judgement as to expansion of scope and discusses with Internal Audit Manager prior to commencing scope expansion for collaboration and corroboration.
- Prepares work paper documentation in accordance with department standards to support test work performed and conclusions reached by obtaining, analyzing, and evaluating accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts, etc. Explains, clarifies or corrects documentation to clear any review noted generated by the Internal Audit Manager's review of the work papers, conclusions and recommendations.
- Discusses irregularities, exceptions, and deficiencies discovered during the audit with the Internal Audit Lead and Manager. Utilizes judgement and experience to assess the associated risk of issues as it relates to the associated impact on conclusions, SOX 404 deficiency classification and overall audit opinion and making recommendations to mitigate risk and add value and presents and reviews with Internal Audit Manager for collaboration and corroboration.
- Provides information and supporting documentation for all issues uncovered as a result of the audit to prepare the preliminary findings results which detail the level of risk with proposed solutions to correct existing issues and prevent future occurrences to the Internal Audit Lead and Manager for collaboration and corroboration. Participates in exit meetings with management and Internal Audit department to discuss proposed recommendations to come to agreeable solutions. Prepares and provides written audit reports to summarize the audit scope, control findings, recommendations, and management commitments to the Internal Audit Manager for review.
- Adds outstanding issues/deficiencies to the departmental tracking file, reviews, evaluates evidence as obtained from management to clear, and performs follow up procedures and/or audits as applicable or deemed necessary.
- Maintains open communication with management by acting as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement subsequent to discussions with the Internal Audit Lead and Manager.
- Playing an active role in the maintenance and review of policies and procedures, including ensuring they are up to date with all legislation and best practices through continuous knowledge development regarding the organization sector's rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
- Incorporates the high performance behaviors of teamwork, leading by example and service in every facet of work.
- This job description is not exhaustive.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- A Bachelor of Arts or Science in Accounting or Finance
- 3 plus years of proven working audit experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification of Certified Internal Audit (CIA) certification required or demonstrated progress toward either certification.
- Knowledge of and expertise with Government procurement systems, regulations and statutes
- Knowledge of FAR and DFARS
- Must be able to work in a team setting and assist staff members
- Good knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Possess a high level of understanding of audit theory and of SOX processes
- Ability to take initiative, think objectively, sound independent judgement, detect problems and propose practical solutions, resourceful.
- Knowledge or experience in the use of accepted COSO Framework
- Analytical ability, high attention to detail and autonomy.
- Ensures work is accurate and completed in a professional and timely manner.
- Ability to keep calm under pressure especially when there are deadlines and multitask.
- Excellent reporting skills with ability to manipulate large amounts of data and compile detailed reports.
- Results-oriented and organized with strong time keeping skills.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases.
Must complywith all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
- Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance.
Due to U.S. Government contract requirements, only U.S. citizens are eligible for this role.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CAE USA Inc. is an EOE/AA employer and gives consideration for employment to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we're proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurodiversity or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.