Biotage is a Global Impact Tech Company committed to solving society’s problems. We offer workflow solutions and products to customers in drug discovery and development, analytical, water, and environmental testing. Our customers span a broad range of market segments including pharmaceutical, biotech, contract research and contract manufacturers, as well as clinical, forensic and academic laboratories in addition to organizations focused on food safety, clean water and environmental sustainability.
Biotage is contributing to sustainable science with the goal to make the world healthier, greener and cleaner – HumanKind Unlimited. The Technical Support Specialist (TSS) role is a critical member ensuring Biotage personnel and customer continued success.
Scope of Responsibility
The Technical Support Specialist (TSS) is responsible for customer satisfaction and remote technical support of Biotage instrumentation, products, and services throughout the Americas Region. The TSS position is an important member of our 1-Point Technical Support team performing logistics activities, back office administrative functions, product operation / troubleshooting / training, complaint handling, and any additional support requests for Biotage customers, Sales / Applications and Field Service employees.
This position is based in Charlotte, NC.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide first-class, customer centric technical support to internal/external customers, via phone and email interactions, on all Biotage products and Services.
- Case creation of customer complaints to include fault identification, accurate reporting of pertinent information and data, support actions performed, and repair activities via the Company’s service business information system.
- Assume Case ownership to ensure customers are professionally supported within a timely manner.
- Identify the need of and assign Work Orders to Field Service Engineers for onsite service.
- Provide real-time technical and logistical support for Sales and Field Service personnel during Sales Demonstrations or Field Service activities.
- Meet established productivity targets as defined for Case management and other Technical Support activities assigned.
- Partner with Subject Matter Experts in the creation of repair estimates.
- Timely completion of all assigned tasks.
- Professionally represent the Organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
Role Specific Skills and Behaviors
- Manage customer requests and complaints.
- Perform remote troubleshooting, operational checks, fault diagnosis, customer training, and performance tests of Biotage instrumentation and/or related consumables.
- Excellent attention to detail, best practices, and a solutions-oriented approach to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Effective time management skills. Ability to multitask and prioritize activities as needed.
- Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Ability to read and interpret documentation such as User and Service manuals, safety and maintenance instructions, and procedure workflows for speedy complaint resolution.
- Successfully perform speedy data collection, failure analysis, repairs and/or elevate for final resolution.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Advanced computer skills to perform this job successfully. Should have working knowledge of Word Processing software and Database software with a Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of products: Excel, Outlook, and Teams.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree in related sciences. A Bachelors of Science in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, related Sciences, or Military advanced technical training / experience is a plus.
- Prior Field Service Engineer experience, working in a laboratory environment, supporting Biotechnical and/or Analytical instrumentation is a strong plus.
- Experience working with Salesforce / ServiceMax, CRM, ERP systems, Dynamics 365, or any other Service reporting systems is a plus.
- LIGHT to MODERATE – ability to lift up to 50lbs and stand for long periods.
- Ability to safely work around and handle hazardous materials.
- Very occasional travel may be required.
- Includes some overnight travel (offsite Service team meetings and/or training)
- May include some international travel (~1 trip per year)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Biotage is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and local governing bodies and agencies.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.