At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.What you will be responsible for:
The Senior Product Owner - Trading Data and Analytics will work with key stakeholders to develop the Trading Data and Analytics Platform for Global Trading and the application. This person will align Agile team delivery to portfolio management, trading and risk needs, in a manner consistent with the overall trading platform strategy; communicate roadmap and milestones accordingly. Additionally, the Senior Product Owner - Trading Data and Analytics will coordinate with technology and operational teams to streamline delivery.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- In cooperation with the Global Trading Team, lead the ongoing enhancement of the trading data and analytics platform.
- Understand the business application for trading data and analytics and incorporate this into the creation of product roadmap and Agile stories.
- Apply deep subject matter expertise on the business use for data and analytics and how they are applied within the trading data and analytics platform, as well as through other key trading applications.
- Coordinate with the Investment Data Management Office on the production and distribution of data and analytics.
- Work with key stakeholders, especially quantitative trading strategists, to develop product vision, convey the vision to the Agile teams and the organization, and work with these teams to establish and refine a product roadmap.
- Coordinate with the Global Trading leadership team and vendors to ensure stories are well articulated, organized and appropriated prioritized.
- Serve as primary communicator between stakeholders and the team. Build alignment amongst all parties, including Global Technology, on how to best support the business needs, including for testing and documentation. Use feedback loops to ensure continuous sharing of information and value delivery.
- Collaborate with legal, risk and compliance teams to ensure product and capability roadmap improves workflow and operational risk oversight capabilities and aligns to policy and regulation.
- Collaborate with stakeholders on models and applications to support bespoke workflows, which may include trade and broker allocation, surveillance and analytics to support best execution.
- Develop clear acceptance criteria that guide the team to producing "done" increments, while fostering an iterative approach to problem solving and analytics development.
- Actively manages internal and external dependencies and impediments that could impact the team's completion of sprint goals. Actively collaborates with other product owners on work that has interdependencies or contingencies between Agile teams.
- Participates in scrum ceremonies (Scrum, Backlog Refinement, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, and Retrospective) and longer-term planning exercises (Road Mapping, Release Planning).
- Participates in the internal Agile Enablement efforts to exchange knowledge and build skills.
- Continually enhances knowledge of systems, products, emerging technology and industry dynamics, and educates internal teams accordingly.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 7-10 years' experience in or supporting equities trading, TCA or other trading data and analytics work.
- Expertise in Buy-Side trading, portfolio construction, transaction cost analysis and product development.
- Experience operating as a Product Owner on an Agile Team, and/or a background in leading and organizing projects and navigating the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Open-minded approach to problem solving - commercial, yet creative.
- Excellent communication skills, self-starter, positive attitude, team player.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact and influence at all levels of the organization.
At MFS, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply - you might be just the right candidate for this role or others.What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment (remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision, linked for your reference.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Click here to view the EEO is the Law poster and supplement.