Building Engineer / Facilities Maintenance Technician (1st Shift)
Purpose: Seeking an experienced 1st shift Facilities Maintenance Technician to oversee our company's grounds, buildings, equipment, and building systems. This position is a multifaceted role covering all aspects of Facilities Maintenance related tasks. This includes but is not limited to performing equipment modifications as directed by Facilities Engineers. Working with manufacturing, process, and Facilities Engineering on the installation, repair, and maintenance of all building systems. This includes plumbing, wiring, HVAC equipment, fire systems, grounds maintenance, and manufacturing processes items.
This position is with a chemical manufacturing site with a wide variety of facility and process equipment.
- Capable of safely working on and troubleshooting AC circuits, 3-phase circuits 480 and 240 volt on a continuous basis. Can perform specific electrical maintenance and engineering functions assigned by Engineering.
- Responsible for performing electrical or mechanical troubleshooting to determine problems in non-functioning electro-mechanical equipment used in manufacturing and facilities throughout the site.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with 2 to 10 years Facilities Maintenance experience. Ensures operation of facilities related machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance, repair on motors, pneumatic and hydraulic operations, steam systems, and HVAC units. Must be able to follow maintenance related schematics, operations/equipment manuals, maintenance procedures, SOPs, and engineering specifications. Able to troubleshoot equipment in facilities arena.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of skilled maintenance and repair tasks. This includes the following:
- Ownership of equipment and facility maintenance, repair, and on-the-spot troubleshooting support will be the primary focus of daily activities. This role is a key position on a team that supports manufacturing and R&D laboratory of printer supplies.
- Responsible for managing work order requests for facilities maintenance.
- Provide specialist level knowledge of complicated mechanical, electrical, lighting, plumbing, and building envelope systems.
- Inspect, test, operate, and troubleshoot emergency power generating systems including automatic transfer switches.
- Repair or replace defective parts in units and equipment and their controls, including thermostats, automatic switches, fan controls, damper motors, louvers, relays, filters, controls, belts, compressors, heat exchangers, high limit controls, pressure controls, safety valves, etc.
- Maintain critical HVAC systems serving Lexmark manufacturing and laboratories.
- Utilize building automation systems to monitor, diagnose, and repair issues with HVAC and hot water systems.
- Active role in energy management for Lexmark building portfolio. Utilize analytics to save energy and implement predictive maintenance program on HVAC systems. Contribute to energy management programs and objectives covering site electrical, natural gas, HVAC, compressed air, chilled water, steam, and water systems.
- Investigate and resolve energy or occupant comfort related issues on HVAC systems.
- Preventative Maintenance
- Performs preventative maintenance (cleaning, inspection, calibration, and lubrication) or as-needed repairs on facilities systems. Includes mechanical, electrical, HVAC, steam, chilled water, plumbing, electrical, lighting, fire and safety systems, generators, power management, and other building systems.
- Establishes monthly and annual preventive maintenance schedules.
- Uses all required safety equipment and follows all safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Reports all accidents and damage.
- Using a CMMS, maintains records of work performed and materials used to include costs. Responsible for managing work order requests for facility maintenance & related issues.
- Works with contractors to complete outsourced work.
- This includes coordinating contractors with internal and external customers schedules and ensuring worksite safety. Guides and inspects outside contractors' daily activities.
- Manage site service contracts (security, landscape, snow removal, pest control, janitorial, fire and safety systems).
- Remains generally alert to conditions and events occurring in and around city facilities indicating anticipated or needed maintenance and repairs.
- Available for after hour on-call duties.
- Provide mentoring and training to develop the skill set of less experienced team members.
- Detail tasks and schedules for the plant's personnel during normal operating hours, scheduled outages, and forced outage scenarios. Ensure any required documentation is completed.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Advanced knowledge of modern building systems and design with a focus on mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems.
- Ability to communicate with customers, citizens, and team members in a professional and effective manner.
- Associates Degree in Maintenance/HVAC or similar Certifications desired.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with people of varying skills and backgrounds.
- Highly motivated and self-directed.
- Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems and philosophies preferred.
- O.T. required
- Able to wear the appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) to:
- Work in a dusty environment
- Work in an environment where chemical vapors exist
- Pass annual medical exams for:
- Confined space entry (Discretionary based on business needs/shift and area specific)
- Hearing conservation program (All Maintenance Technicians)
- Powered vehicle license (Discretionary based on business needs)
- Wearing a respirator (Area specific requirement/recommended for other areas)
- Able to drive a powered vehicle, as needed, to perform job tasks.
- Able to maintain the necessary, sometimes awkward, postures for extended periods of time to access process equipment. These include, but may not be limited to standing, walking, bending, crawling, crouching, stooping, and twisting.
- Able to ascend and descend stairs frequently.
- Able to ascend and descend a ladder up to 30 ft.
- Able to work in inclement weather while wearing the appropriate weather gear.
- Able to ascend and descend up to 2 flights of stairs while carrying a maximum load of 35 lbs.
- Able to lift 25 lbs. overhead.
- Able to safely enter control voltage up to 480V.
- Able to use a computer, keyboard, and mouse.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Consistent, good eye-hand coordination.
- Adequate strength and dexterity in both hands to utilize multiple hand, power, and mobile tools.
Target Pay Range: $26.00 - 38.00/hr plus shift differential (10% 2nd shift and 12.5% 3rd shift) Company provides all required uniforms, PPE and tools.
***Offered amount will be based on candidates relevant experience