Mortenson's success is not a matter of luck; it's a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service, and stewardship. A compelling purpose inspires us to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002...
...What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
Mortenson is seeking an experienced Senior Estimator to provide leadership, coordination, and final preparation of full estimates on large and complex work projects. Excellent communication skills are necessary as you will be interacting with staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment. Your ability to remain flexible, inventive, dedicated, and efficient with high integrity and confidentiality will be vital to your success.
Organization, flexibility, outstanding customer focus, and effective communication are critical in performing duties which include, but are not limited to:
- Lead estimating efforts on large and complex projects
- Provide conceptual estimates, detailed estimates, detailed self-perform work estimates, and cost models
- Strategically plan and execute estimates that serve our clients, finding solutions that bring the best value and an exceptional experience to all stakeholders
- Work with the project team and trade partners to ensure competitive pricing is received
- Determine pricing to be used in the final estimate
- Collaborate with all team members, owners, architects, engineers, and trade partners to ensure a complete understanding of the project scope
Other duties, as assigned include:
- Research and analyze historical project data for application to the current project
- Assist in selecting building systems
- Assist in selecting software programs to be utilized
- Assist in project scheduling
- Lead team members
- Responsible for the direction, training, mentoring, management, and timely performance evaluation of estimators.
- 6 years of construction estimating experience
- Organized and detailed with proven ability to fulfill all responsibilities for multiple, complex projects
- Possess a basic understanding of construction law and accepted business practices
- Proven positive and professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Strong teamwork orientation, initiative, communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills
- Applicable mathematical skills
- Proficient with building/estimating techniques and software: ISqFt, Winest/Bid2Win, On-Screen Takeoff (OST), Bluebeam/PDF, Google Earth
- Associate's or bachelor's degree in construction management, Engineering, or similar or equivalent experience
- LEED AP, DBIA professional, preferred
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
Visa sponsorship is not offered for this position.