As a leader in the science of nutrition, Nestle Health Science believes in empowering healthier lives for patients and consumers through a rich product portfolio featuring top brands such as Garden of Life, Nature's Bounty, Vital Proteins, Nuun, Persona Nutrition, BOOST, Carnation Breakfast Essentials, Peptamen, Compleat Organic Blends, and more, as well as through Aimmune Therapeutics, a biopharmaceutical company developing therapies to prevent, manage and treat food, GI and metabolic-related diseases.
Our team members are challenged to make a genuine impact and play an integral role in driving the business forward. We embrace a dynamic culture that always puts the consumer first, and where ownership, accountability and agility are celebrated at every level. To help our people thrive, we offer expansive career growth potential, the opportunity to work alongside and learn from talented colleagues with diverse backgrounds and skill sets, and a range of best-in-class benefits.
We have more than 11,000 employees around the world, and products available in over 140 countries.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
The Scientist conducts formulation and technical activities for Vitamin, Mineral, Herbs and Supplements (VMHS) new products and innovation, including design, development, and manufacturing scale-up of new ingredients, formulas, processes and products.You'll get to work with cool brands like Nature's Bounty, Garden of Life, Solgar, Pure Encapsulations and Osteo B-Flex.
- Works on formulation and technical execution of VMHS New Product Development (NPD) projects from ideation through commercialization e.g. technical brief generation, formula development at lab/bench scale, prototyping, pilot production, shelf life studies, analytical testing, and finished product specification development.
- Proactively identifies and leads technical team evaluation of novel functional ingredients, delivery forms, process and other relevant technologies to fuel future innovation.
- Partners with internal consumer science and sensory teams to design and coordinate studies to guide and optimize product design and assure new products deliver an exceptional, differentiated consumer experience.
- Establishes strong working relationships with external suppliers, internal and contract development labs, and manufacturing sites to successfully advance projects in accordance with the overall project timeline.
- Participates incross-functional team discussions with R&D, Marketing, Quality, and Supply-Chain project leads to drive decision making and progress on new product development initiatives.
- Design and conducts experiments, writes protocols, analyzes and presents experimental results and conclusions. Conducts development updates, and technical recommendations to management and project team members and stakeholders as required.
- Supports R&D lead in initiating short and long-term technology projects, utilizing internal and external R&D networks, to enable long term NPD Pipeline development.
- Design experiments and conduct plant trials with co-manufacturers as well as internal plants both domestically and internationally.
- Approximately 10-20% travel is required.
- 3+ years of industrial experience in the dietary supplement, consumer healthcare and/or value-added consumer packaged goods industry with experience formulating dietary ingredients in solid dosage formats is required.
- Experience with new product development of dietary supplements and related nutritional products is required.
- Working knowledge and experience of all key solid dosage format unit operations is preferred (tablet, capsules, softgels).
- BS in Food Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Nutritional Sciences, or equivalent is required. MS/PhD is preferred.
- Comfort working with and around machinery.
- Breadth of technical knowledge and experience in application in functional food/nutritionals/dietary supplement formulation, product, process and platform development and delivery systems.
- Demonstrated expertise in partnering with both internal and contract manufacturing organizations is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and relationship building skills.
- Proven track record of successful delivery of NPD launches in a value-added consumer packaged goods environment is preferred.
- Problem solver with strong analytical mindset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a PD lab environment on a hands-on basis.
- Demonstrated proficiency in NPD/Stage Gate process from Idea through launch of new products.
- Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices and working knowledge of form-specific regulatory requirements (DSHEA, FDA) and certifications (non-GMO, Kosher, Halal, DSVP, etc.).
- Proficient basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.) as well as a working knowledge of various statistical program applications and SPC.
- Ability to lift 15-20 pounds.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestle. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestle seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestle home.
The Nestle Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.