The Electro Optical InfraredSystems (EOIS) line of business within DRS has locations in Dallas and Austin, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA.EOIS develops, manufactures, and supports infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborneplatforms.We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world's brightest. Supporting the world's bravest.
As a Product & Test Engineering Co-Op, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with product engineering initiatives and processes within the Electro-Optic Infrared Sensors business areas. The candidate will be responsible for supporting product improvements, as well as assisting in the analysis, design, development, documentation, and support of engineering activities for new and existing products.
Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
- Degree(s) Required: Associate's Degree or 3rd Year status minimum in an Engineering curriculum
- Must be enrolled in an accredited university and maintain a 3.0 or higher GPA
- Degree(s) Preferred: Pursuing undergraduate, Master's or PhD in Electrical Engineering
- Must have good interpersonal skills
- Must be diligent, hardworking, and quick to learn
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Familiarity with test equipment such as: DVM, power supplies, oscilloscopes, function generators, etc.
- Familiarity with .NET, C, C++, Python, Visual Basic, VB Scripting, or equivalent programming language
- Familiarity with schematic capture and CAD software
- Familiaritywith MatLab or MathCAD programming language
- Work closely with and assist engineers in the conduct of various engineering assignments for multiple programs
- Support production and development projects
- Conduct limited scope testing and data analysis under the supervision of engineers
- Gather and assemble data for engineers
- Complete assigned tasks on time
- May be required to help in research in a particular field
- Assist engineers with appropriate design details
- Perform a wide variety of tasks to gain familiarity with the engineering staff, methods, programs and practices
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Other duties as assigned
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #EOIS