Provides technical support to operations, maintenance, and capital project groups to ensure improvements in instrument reliability and to resolve repetitive instrument-related problems
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plans and directs work, provides technical training, establishes goals and objectives and sets priorities
- Leads and coordinates engineering work assignments and workload using accepted engineering practices
- Coordinates with instrument maintenance department and operations to plan and execute reliability objectives for the plant
- Provides support to Project Engineering on specification of instrumentation for capital projects. Reviews project design packages for proper design regarding reliability, application and maintenance requirements.
- Ensures proper documentation on all instrumentation equipment including equipment files, drawings, specifications, calibration sheets, manuals, etc.
- Works to improve reliability of process control valves. Develops plans for monitoring performance and addressing problem areas. Assists maintenance in development of repair/upgrade scopes for major turnarounds
- Able to read instrument drawings, data sheets, I/O wiring diagrams, spec sheets, loop sheets, and P&ID's to ensure proper documentation on instrument related equipment files, calibration sheets, etc.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- B.S. or higher degree in Electrical Engineering
- Candidate should have a minimum of two (2) years of industrial experience and direct experience working with process instrumentation and project design packages
- Should be experienced in the use of Microsoft Office application software
- Works well in a team environment, balances multiple projects, and has excellent communication skills to make effective technical presentations
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Performs duties in a manner that protects personal safety as well as the safety of all personnel on site. Whenever appropriate, promptly reports Safety, Health or Environmental incidents or issues to management so the situation can be corrected. Attends Monthly Safety Meetings to help prevent off site and job accidents.
- Successful candidates must satisfy background screening, including motor vehicle record screening, drug testing & pre-employment physical requirements before starting work,
Westlake Management Services, Inc. is proud to offer equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants to join our company and to succeed as members of our team regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.