To ensure that all equipment is operated properly, safely, and efficiently, resulting in neat, accurate and efficient packaging of all finished product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a safe work environment while performing job duties.
- Set up Gaylord boxes and mark tares correctly - having a sufficient amount set up at all times to meet production demands.
- Inspect each Gaylord box and liner prior to filling to ensure that it is clean and suitable for use.
- Weigh and package material correctly with neat and legible labels on each package.
- Assist the machine operator on start-up and shut-down.
- Keep a constant watch on vacuum chambers from his station and finished product
- At coolers, notifying the shift supervisor if anything is suspected.
- Handling and storing all finished product properly and efficiently, including bulk materials.
- Keep area and tools neat, clean and stored properly.
- Break open, disassemble, clean and reassemble coolers properly. Responsible for all cleaning of the coolers on his shift.
- Stack all packages neatly, even in temporary storage.
- Must be company oriented, willingly completing any tasks that are assigned to him by the production foreman.
- Understand and follows all Safety, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 established procedures.
- Understand that shift schedules are not set; willingly work the hours assigned with an understanding that overtime can be assigned at any given time.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Score Silver or above on WorkKeys test.
- Certified Forklift License and prior forklift experience is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Manufacturing environment includes: dust, outdoors, high noise levels.
Westlake Management Services, Inc. is proud to offer equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants to join our company and to succeed as members of our team regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.