Mortenson's success is not a matter of luck; it's a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service, and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" 40 times regionally over the past decade...
...What are you waiting for?!
Mortenson is currently seeking an Engineer I - SCADA Focus, responsible for a broad range of detailed engineering designs for high voltage substation and transmission projects through 500 kV.Candidate will be responsible for working closely with other engineering and design team members to coordinate overall design package and requirements. They will be responsible for performing a broad scope of engineering assignments of advanced difficulty requiring knowledge in engineering-related disciplines. They shall be capable of independently evaluating, selecting, and applying standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria by using judgment in making adaptations and modifications and providing interpretations and conclusions.
Hiring Locations: Minneapolis, MN; Fargo, ND; San Antonio, TX; Denver CO
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for SCADA design and on-site integration of SCADA systems for utility-scale Wind, Solar, Storage substation applications.
- Create/Support basic Network Switch configs
- Create/Support basic SEL HMI programs
- Create/Support basic SEL RTU programs
- Create/Support fiber diagrams
- Create/Support Comm block diagrams
- Support SCADA integration Activities
- Works under close supervision on required tasks with detailed instructions from Engineering Lead or Manager of Engineering Services
- Performs data analysis and basic engineering tasks for completion of small projects
- Perform basic engineering calculations required for SCADA designs supporting projects
- Assists with the review and approval of equipment vendor drawings and test reports on equipment from manufacturers with Lead Engineer or Manager review and approval
- Provide engineering support for proposals, estimating, procurement and construction
- Assist field personnel in resolving unanticipated site conditions
- Basic project management and analytical problem-solving skills
- Basic understanding of discipline specific technical designs, QA/QC procedures, and engineering policies
- Works under the supervision of a senior level engineer with specific work objectives
- Basic knowledge of engineering principles, business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Assist in the development and evaluation of the technical requirements for fabrication and construction tender packages
How will you succeed?
Education & Qualifications:
- Graduate of four-year college or university with Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE preferred), Computer Engineering, Computer Scienceor related program. Preferred the degree is from a school of engineering with at least one curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) as a professional engineering curriculum.
- Proficient in engineering theories and principles
- Proficient in practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations
- Preferred based on degree - Engineering-in-Training (EIT) certification or achievement of EIT within 6 months of entering position with the expectation of achieving a PE license in the future
- Basic programming knowledge
- Ability to work on a team and alone
- Ability to travel up to 25% to project sites to assist with SCADA integrations. Typically, 1 week at a time to a project location.
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.