C & B Equipment, a progressive family-owned company that has grown over 30 years to include John Deere Ag, material handling and power sports locations, has an opening for a Service Technician at its Rexburg, Idaho location. A service tech at C & B Equipment performs basic diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned agricultural equipment and outdoor power equipment.
- Performs diagnostics and repairs on agricultural farm equipment.
- Participates in Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge
- Completes all job notes required in conjunction with work assignments.
- Accounts for all time on a digital timecard and for all material used in performing assigned duties
- Maintains current product knowledge of John Deere and competitive products.
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion
- Maintains condition of vehicles, inventory, tools, and equipment.
- Promotes and sells the service department to customers including service work, inspections, and parts to increase customer safety and satisfaction.
- Follows all safety procedures and works in a safe manner.
- Assists with other duties that may be assigned.
- Associates or better in Diesel Technology or Certificate in Diesel Technology preferred but not required.
- Ability to meet physical demands and duration of physical exertion generally required to perform tasks in support of all job functions, for example - sitting, standing, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of methods, materials, tools and techniques used in the repair of machinery, engines and other related equipment.
- Experience with mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
- Ability for critical thinking and resourcefulness to complete tasks.
- Willingness to learn and train in new technologies.
- Ability to work overtime to meet customer demands.
Licenses & Certifications
Valid Driver's License
- Competitive pay based on your experience
- Excellent benefits including - Medical, Dental, Vision, and Accident Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K with Company Match starting immediately, generous paternal leave for both moms & dads, and much more.
- Progressive Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays - starting at 3 weeks of PTO in the first year.
- Opportunities to grow - We love to promote within and have excellent training programs available to prepare you on-the-job and for your future with us.
- Make an impact - You will participate in our annual Community Impact Day where we give back to the communities where we work and live.
Apply today to learn more about this exciting opportunity with C & B!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
C&B Operations is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer