At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is looking for a Senior Resident Project Representative to join our team. Travel is required as project could be anywhere in the Western US.
In the role of Senior Resident Project Representative we'll count on you to:
* Work independently under broad, general supervision and in conjunction with the Design Project Manager
* Write and issue field orders, initiate change proposals for design team review and approval, estimate cost of changes, negotiate costs with contractors, and recommend acceptance to the Project Manager
* Supervise and direct the activities of junior Resident Project Representatives and Construction Inspectors, testing services and subconsultants
* Perform other duties as needed
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Technology, or combination of education and relevant experience
* A minimum of 5+ years progressive construction experience on multidisciplinary projects
* Must have a fundamental understanding of contracts and familiarity with codes and laws governing construction
* Must possess the ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications and identify discrepancies or conflicts within documents
* Must be able to work in a team environment
* Must be computer literate, experience with Microsoft Office, Primavera, or related construction packages
* An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
* Ability to interpret construction schedules
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
We provide a comprehensive benefits package that promotes employee ownership, employee health, performance, and success; which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time off and parental leave, paid holidays, 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match, employee referral bonuses and tuition reimbursement. Typical starting pay range for this position is $111,958 - $159,940 annually/hourly depending upon skills, experience, education and geographical location.