At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is looking for a Sr. Construction Inspector to join our team. Travel is required as project could be anywhere in the Western US.
In the role of Senior Civil Construction Inspector, we'll count on you to:
* Conduct and document observations of construction as it progresses for civil projects related to civil infrastructure, such as roads, bridges, water/wastewater facilities, pump stations and pipelines
* Mentor junior field staff and provide supervision as needed
* Collaborate with other field representatives or Project Managers
* Read and interpret construction drawings and specifications, and identify discrepancies or conflicts within the documents
* Conduct and document observations of construction as it progresses
* Digital photographic documentation including logging/captioning of photos
* Serve as the most senior inspector on projects as needed
* Perform other duties as needed
*High School diploma or equivalent
*A minimum of 10 years experience
*Proficient with MS Office (Word/Excel/Outlook)
*Strong written communication skills
*Ability to work independently and as part of a team
*This position typically requires successfully passing drug-screening procedures prior to being hired; thereafter subject to random and cause drug and alcohol testing
*An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
We provide a comprehensive benefits package that promotes employee ownership, employee health, performance, and success; which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time off and parental leave, paid holidays, 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match, employee referral bonuses and tuition reimbursement. Typical starting pay range for this position is $70,770- $111,210 annually/hourly depending upon skills, experience, education and geographical location.