Simply Put, A Great Place to Work
Benesch is a growing, multi-disciplined planning, engineering, and professional services firm. We enhance infrastructure and communities across the country - creating spaces and providing connections in ways that make a difference.
We pride ourselves on being nimble enough to remain responsive to client needs, yet large enough to offer exceptional bench strength. As a member of our team, you'll have an opportunity to draw from those resources when you need them, and likewise, contribute your expertise when you have something to share.
At Benesch, we are looking for candidates with varied backgrounds and worldviews. Diverse ideas come from diverse people, and we are committed to offering an inclusive work environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Benesch is a great company to work for! Our comprehensive benefits package includes paid over-time, exceptional retirement fund contributions, flexible schedules, wellness incentives, and all-around great people to work with. Take your career to the next level by applying today.
Statistics show that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply for a position if they don't meet 100% of the qualifications. If this statement resonates with you - don't be so hard on yourself. Apply for the job!
Senior Resident Project Manager - Grand Rapids, Michigan
Benesch is hiring a full-time Senior Resident Project Manager to be a valuable key member of our Michigan group sitting from our Grand Rapids, MI office. As a Senior Resident Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing assigned projects by providing supervision and leadership to assigned staff, executing project plans, and overseeing the day-to-day operations. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of ten years of experience working directly with MDOT, Municipal and private clients across MI.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
What you will need:
- Direct assigned projects or programs by providing direct supervision and overall leadership
- Manage all levels of construction staff with ease
- Oversee development of project work plans and revisions by project staff
- Identify resources needed and effectively delegate staff duties and responsibilities. Delegate and monitor
this task as requiredManage assigned projects by providing direct supervision and leadership of staff assigned to the project
- Execute project work plans and revisions; these will be created in conjunction with Group Manager
- Identify resources needed and perform or effectively delegate staff duties and responsibilities
- Monitor estimate of budget, scope, and schedule
- Research and develop unit costs for estimating purposes on extra work
- Analysis of accounting reports to the Group Manager on performance
- Establish survey requirements in conjunction with Surveyor
- Monitor staff hours and review timesheets
- Oversee the day-to-day operations and confirm that reports, record drawings, etc. are up to date
- Prepare and/or review all correspondence
- Prepare and submit to group manager appropriate project reports
- Organize correspondence files
- Schedule and conduct project meetings with staff
- Establish client contact/maintain positive relationships or request assistance from Group Manager as required
- Work with the Group manager to interface with the client
- Coordinate and review work performed by sub-consultants. Assist Group Manager with preparation and administration of sub-agreements
- Assist in contract negotiations
- Participate in resolution of conflicts during project development and construction
- Complete and submit NPI forms at the beginning of projects
- Review and verify invoices and direct expense reports for accuracy and prepare support information required for contract compliance
- Follow-up with the client on the collection of invoices as directed by Division Manager/Group Manager
- Compliance with QTE Guidelines, QA/QC/QMT procedures on assigned projects
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members
- Perform project close-out
- Identify and document out-of-scope work to Group Manager
- Perform annual evaluations of assigned staff
- Ensure that vehicles and equipment used on site are appropriately allocated and maintained
- Must be a licensed PE with a minimum of a BS in civil engineering OR Construction Management. Experience with Michigan DOT/ Federal Aid Local Agency construction experience preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience and Minimum of ten years of industry experience required
- Advanced knowledge of applicable codes & standards
- Knowledge of general business and management principles
- Competent use of CADD
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work under time constraints dealing with numerous concurrent activities
- Good writing skills
- Managing and leading people on individual and team level
- Networking and increased participation in professional organizations
- Oral and written communication skills to interface effectively with internal staff, clients, contractors, agencies, and the public.
- Publish papers and perform presentations
- Advanced client contact, interaction, and coordination
- Develop innovative and creative skills
- Ability to effectively coach and mentor