Simply Put, A Great Place to Work
Benesch is a growing, multi-disciplined planning, engineering, and professional services firm. We enhance infrastructure and communities across the country - creating spaces and providing connections in ways that make a difference.
We pride ourselves on being nimble enough to remain responsive to client needs, yet large enough to offer exceptional bench strength. As a member of our team, you'll have an opportunity to draw from those resources when you need them, and likewise, contribute your expertise when you have something to share.
At Benesch, we are looking for candidates with varied backgrounds and worldviews. Diverse ideas come from diverse people, and we are committed to offering an inclusive work environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Benesch is a great company to work for! Our comprehensive benefits package includes paid over-time, exceptional retirement fund contributions, flexible schedules, wellness incentives, and all-around great people to work with. Take your career to the next level by applying today.
Statistics show that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply for a position if they don't meet 100% of the qualifications. If this statement resonates with you - don't be so hard on yourself. Apply for the job!
Phase I Civil Project Manager - Chicago, IL
We have a career opportunity for a highly motivated Project Manager to join our Chicago team. The focus of this role will be the management and leadership of local road preliminary design and environmental studies, primarily in northeastern Illinois. As a Phase I Project manager, you will develop and mentor junior associates, manage day-to-day client relations, and lead the development of innovative solutions to complex Phase I projects for various public agencies. You will also contribute to strategic initiatives that drive the growth of the civil group.
The Impact You Will Have:
What We Are Looking For:
- You will contribute to strategic initiatives that drive the growth of the civil group.
- You will manage, lead, and oversee all team activities supporting their growth through mentorship and guidance
- You will review and manage production documents, client management, internal team management, and project financials
- You will increase the overall effectiveness of your team by identifying team members' strengths and aligning them with appropriate project tasks
- You will be responsible for risk assessments, identifying potential obstacles internally and externally
- You will negotiate contracts and clearly define the project scope within the proposals
- You will ensure projects maintain schedule and scope
- You will consistently reinforce the Benesch brand or collaboration, quality, innovation, and integrity, driving all aspects of projects to provide superior customer service
- You will identify opportunities and lead strategic project pursuits collaborating on a regional growth strategy
- You will delegate project tasks to team members, clearly defining deliverables and establishing deadlines
- You have a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Urban Planning, or related
- You are a licensed P.E. in Illinois; as an added plus, you are certified as a PTOE, AICP, or other specialty certification.
- You have a minimum of 10 years of experience in designing local roads, arterials, collectors, and complete street multimodal facilities.
- You love client interfacing, thrive on developing business leads, and have extensive public involvement and stakeholder coordination.
- You are an experienced leading Phase I transportation, environmental, planning, and preliminary engineering activities. Experience with PEL's is also a plus.
- You are experienced in managing and mentoring teams, fee proposal generation; scope of service writing; RFP/RFQ interviews; and QA/QC management.
- Over the last ten years, you have experience preparing NEPA transportation-related Categorical Exclusion or Environmental Assessment projects.
- You have experience in traffic and safety assessments. If you know GIS, that is also a plus! #LI-MM1