At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.What you will be responsible for:
The Compliance Lead Specialist is responsible for the ongoing development and maintenance of MFS' records management program including monitoring, reporting and testing to ensure that records are retained in accordance with relevant recordkeeping requirements and destroyed once they are no longer required to be retained. The Compliance Lead Specialist will also provide Compliance support for Information Technology related requirements such as Cybersecurity and will assist with the Compliance review of new or changes in systems or technology within MFS environment. The Compliance Lead Specialist will also provide support for MFS' ESG Compliance Program. The Lead Specialist will interact with MFS employees, Compliance Department personnel and Legal Department personnel to design and execute procedures, evaluate results, and provide guidance.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assist with the development and implementation of MFS Records Management program to ensure relevant recordkeeping requirements are being met.
- Assist with the establishment, maintenance and implementation of compliance policies and procedures relating to records management, data protection and ESG to ensure they are appropriate to MFS' activities and reflective of industry best practices, regulatory requirements/expectations, and emerging risk. Provide direction and support for MFS' employees to ensure that MFS' policies and procedures are understood and implemented effectively.
- Lead the design, development and delivery of tools and processes to support management and analytical reporting by designing and maintaining reports and procedures that support the compliance programs.
- Prepare periodic management status reports or presentations on and respond to questions regarding compliance program activities and results.
- Keeps abreast of regulatory developments affecting the industry as it relates to records, cybersecurity and ESG.
- Provide advice to employees and management on regulatory issues or concerns and recommend appropriate actions.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested, including but not limited to assisting with components of the privacy program, monitoring, and thematic reviews.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience with 6-8 years of work experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Prior experience working in the financial services industry and/or a background in privacy, records managements or ESG is preferred.
- Excellent organization, presentation, problem-solving and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Strong partnership skills and the ability to collaborate with Business Units across MFS.
- Familiar with technology and cyber security industry trends and requirements.
- Proven analytical skills with the ability to make independent decisions, develop creative solutions to problems and propose implementation of same.
- Able to effectively drive solutions throughout the organization and present ideas in a clear and concise way. Escalate issues and advocate for solutions.
- Understanding of the business operations and practices, procedures, and controls specific to the business units supported is required. Must be aware of best practices as well as evolving issues within scope of the position.
- Solid presentation skills. Must be able to present comfortably before small to mid-size groups.
- Represent MFS at meetings, conferences, or related industry events.
- Overtime may be required occasionally.
At MFS, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply - you might be just the right candidate for this role or others.What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment (remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision, linked for your reference.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Click here to view the EEO is the Law poster and supplement.