Simply Put, A Great Place to Work
Benesch is a growing, multi-disciplined planning, engineering, and professional services firm. We enhance infrastructure and communities across the country - creating spaces and providing connections in ways that make a difference.
We pride ourselves on being nimble enough to remain responsive to client needs, yet large enough to offer exceptional bench strength. As a member of our team, you'll have an opportunity to draw from those resources when you need them, and likewise, contribute your expertise when you have something to share.
At Benesch, we are looking for candidates with varied backgrounds and worldviews. Diverse ideas come from diverse people, and we are committed to offering an inclusive work environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Benesch is a great company to work for! Our comprehensive benefits package includes paid over-time, exceptional retirement fund contributions, flexible schedules, wellness incentives, and all-around great people to work with. Take your career to the next level by applying today.
Statistics show that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply for a position if they don't meet 100% of the qualifications. If this statement resonates with you - don't be so hard on yourself. Apply for the job!
Water Resources Engineer - Kansas/Missouri Offices (KC-MO, Topeka, Wichita, Manhattan, KC-KS)
We are looking to hire a Water Resources Designer with experience or interest in hydrology, hydraulics, and general water resources engineering. Project will include standalone water resources projects that include drainage studies, watershed modeling, floodplain mapping and conceptual alternatives analysis. Other projects will include integration with design components, including flood mitigation, stormwater master planning, waterway restoration, water quality BMPs and stormwater design. Addition projects will function as a support for design of Transportation projects across the company.
Responsibilities will include hydrologic and hydraulic analysis of open channels, dams, levees, and closed storm drainage systems; design components of open channels, culverts, bridges, and storm sewer infrastructure; scour analysis and streambank stabilization; and flood inundation mapping. In this role you will contribute to a collaborative team environment.
The Impact You Will Have:
What We Are Looking For:
- Perform hydraulic and hydrology (H&H) analysis and studies for a wide variety of projects
- Evaluate stormwater related design elements
- Assist in the preparation of written reports including exhibits and summary tables
- Assist with the development of floodplain maps
- Assist with plan production related to drainage design, stormwater management and detention facilities, water quality, quantities, and specifications
- Contribute to project goals and milestones and monitor project progress
- Assist in preparation of specifications and cost estimates for a wide variety of stormwater design and planning projects
- Ensure the development of high-quality engineering documents
- Adhere to all internal procedures for quality control, documentation, and project tracking
- Assemble competent project communications, including meeting minutes, technical documents and complete reports that require little editing and meet the client expectations
- Assume responsibility for project design calculation files, assuring adequate independent quality control reviews on that work
- Develop and oversee task work plans for assigned team members
- Monitor work plans for adherence to budget and schedule
- Assume responsibility and ownership of the assigned project components
- Provide support to other civil design disciplines as needed
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or related discipline required
- Experience or strong interest and knowledge of hydraulic and hydrology analysis and/or design
- Experience or interest in performing hydrology and hydraulics modeling, analysis, and design related to floodplain and bridge hydraulics, detention and flood storage routing, storm sewer system design, channel stabilization and ability to perform complex analysis and design
- Intern Engineer (IE) status with ability and interest in obtaining Professional Engineering (PE) license
- Experience with hydrologic and hydraulic modeling programs such as: HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, EPA-SWMM, PC-SWMM, HY-8, StormCAD, CivilStorm, Watershed Modeling System (WMS), Surface Modeling System (SMS)/SRH-2D, FHWA Hydraulic Toolbox, CUHP, and FLO-2D desired
- Experience with GIS Applications including ArcPro, ArcMap and ESRI products desired
- Experience with plan production software including AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation/OpenRoads
- Knowledge of local and state agency drainage design criteria is a plus
- Excellent communication and client relation skills
- Strong organization and leadership skills and traits with an understanding of the importance of adhering to project budgets and schedules
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Other civil or transportation design skills are a plus