What does BPM stand for? Innovation, opportunity, community, diversity, inclusivity, flexibility and so much more.
B-P-M stands for "Because People Matter," because at our core, our people drive everything we do and how we do it.
We are a forward-thinking, full-service accounting firm providing modern solutions to businesses across the globe. We focus on comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services for our clients, and we provide our people and our community with the resources to lead meaningful and purposeful lives.
While we are one of the largest California-based accounting firms, our flexible work locations and schedules mean we have professionals across the continent. BPM offers a rich diversity in clients, industries, and overall work. Our teams and our clients drive us to provide quality services and ignite unique insights and ideas that contribute to our continued success. Our clients come from different backgrounds and industries, which keep our people intellectually challenged every day.
Our initiatives and ideals lead to our continued recognition as one of the "Best Places to Work" in the Bay Area and beyond. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle. Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
International Tax Services (ITS) Team
Our growing International Tax Services (ITS) team is led by Partners and Managing Directors whose practices and expertise spans across industries (Blockchain and Digital Assets, FinTech, Technology, Manufacturing, among others), tax services (technical consulting, compliance, provision, and controversy), and prior firm and federal government agency experience (e.g., Big 4 National Office and practice offices, IRS Chief Counsel (National Office), U.S. Treasury Department).
BPM's International Tax Services (ITS) team is looking for a dynamic and driven Manager, interested in taking their career to the next level. You will have a unique opportunity to collaborate with and learn from practice group leadership, and manage and contribute to projects involving not only complex international tax issues but also cutting-edge transactions within innovative industries.
Opportunity and Responsibilities
The incumbent to this role will have a unique opportunity to work with clients in a range of industries, and in particular on projects within the Blockchain and Digital Assets Industry. BPM is one of the largest West Coast-based accounting and advisory firms serving this industry, advising a range of companies in the ecosystem, including among others, miners, wallets and custodians, exchanges, payment and DeFi platforms, and DAOs.
As a member of the ITS team, you will work on a variety of tax issues for multinational corporate clients, primarily including research and analysis related to tax planning, restructurings, transfer pricing, tax controversy and audit defense, but also involvement in relevant tax compliance.
This position involves researching and writing technical memoranda to advise multinational businesses on tax implications of cross-border transactions as well as coordinating U.S. tax laws and foreign tax laws to develop an optimal worldwide tax strategy for clients. You will assume a high degree of responsibility and exposure within BPM, and self-starters and well-organized professionals will excel in this role. As such, a technical skillset and expertise in the international tax statutory rules and regulations is critical.
- Minimum 6 years' experience in public accounting, law, or industry with an emphasis in International Tax
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business-related field preferred (JD, LLM, or MST preferred)
- Active member of a State bar or CPA certification/license
- Experience from Big 4, law firm, industry, or other national accounting or consulting firm preferred
- In-depth knowledge of rules related to PFIC, Subpart F, GILTI, FDII, foreign tax credits
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced professional services environment
- Oversee multiple client services teams on client engagements; plan, execute, direct, and complete international tax projects in a wide variety of industries; provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise to clients; and manage to budget.
- Manage the delivery of a full range of international tax services and advise U.S. and foreign multinational companies on the tax implications of their international operations as well as coordinate U.S. tax laws with foreign tax laws to develop an optimal worldwide tax strategy.
- Consult clients on tax-efficient structuring of international transactions, effective use of tax treaties, planning related to offshore investments activities and repatriation strategies to minimize U.S. and foreign income taxes.
- Minimize worldwide tax burdens on business transactions and operations to support clients in making tax-efficient foreign investments.
- Serve as a point-of-contact for client personnel with both tax and technical backgrounds.
- Build on technical competence by keeping up to date on industry trends, developments and technical authorities and apply them to complex situations.
*The salary range provided is intended for candidates in the San Francisco Bay Area who meet the minimum requirements of the position. Candidates who do not reside in the San Francisco Bay Area, do not meet the minimum requirements, or exceed the requirements are encouraged to apply and a recruiter will provide you with a range specific to your location and qualifications.
Wondering if you should apply?
BPM is powered by knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and forward-thinking people committed to developing a culture of inclusion. We recognize, develop, and empower talent and encourage diversity of thought. Your point of view, skillset and experience will only make us stronger, so if you're eager to share new ideas and try new things, we want to hear from you.
BPM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note - this posting is for prospective candidates only. Unsolicited third party resume submissions will be considered property of BPM and will not be acknowledged or returned.