Field Service Technician
McCoy Construction & Forestry, a John Deere construction & forestry dealership group with 16 locations throughout the Midwest, currently has a Field Service Technician position open.
This position is responsible for traveling to customer locations to repair and maintain electric, diesel and gasoline industrial, construction and forestry equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Travel on location to examine machines to diagnose and repair a multitude of mechanical and system issues.
- Fabricates special lifting or towing attachments, hydraulic systems, shields, or other devices according to blueprints or schematic drawings.
- Maintains a clean work area, shop tools, truck and equipment.
- Ensures work is performed safely and safe work procedures are followed throughout the department.
- Helps ensure that our new and used whole goods are in good working conditions
- Associates (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred; plus, a minimum of 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and Forklift Certification.
- Ability to build relationships with customers while providing high-quality customer service.
- Excellent communication skills
- Organizational and leadership ability
- Problem-solving aptitude
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer - Qualified women, minorities and people with disabilities encouraged to apply