Mortenson's success is not a matter of luck; it's a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" 40 times regionally over the past decade...
...What are you waiting for?! Be a part of developing new technology for our solar fields.
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Automation Engineer that will provide technical lead and support for automation or control systems portions of work project.
Provide technical lead and support for automation or control systems portions of work project:
- Develop and execute automation solutions with a focus on autonomy and robotics.
- Implement customized solutions to improve productivity, including designing robotic machines.
- Develop test plans and strategies, ROI calculations, financials and proof-of-concept for automation solutions.
- Provide technical expertise to all parties concerned, including customer interfacing.
- Ensure equipment manufacturers understand the scope of project during bidding process and provide electrical engineering resource throughout the project
- Driving the company-wide adoption of Industrialization good practices and development of quality procedures.
- Providing technical input to Systems Engineering and Integration business development across the product groups and market sectors.
- Define, cascade and oversee execution of Statement of Work/ Statement of Requirements for system, sub-systems and system components.
- Strong teamwork orientation, initiative, communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills, as well as work under pressure and manage own workload
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and manage multiple project tasks
- Microsoft Office, project and pertinent web application skills at an intermediate level
- Proven positive and professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies
- Minimum three years in mechanical and electrical systems
- Knowledge of vehicle based control and electrical systems
- Knowledge of system level safety concepts and requirements, related standards (including ISO 26262) beneficial and industry tools such as DFMEA, FTA, Hazard Analysis
- Understanding mechatronic systems (PWM, motion control, motion logic, etc.) required.
- Willing to travel on short assignments. Position requires minimum of 50% domestic travel.
- Current driver's license
- Working knowledge of NEC code and NE safety code, a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with focus on technical background in systems design and development.
- Knowledge of C, MATLAB, ROS. Must have the ability to read code.
- Knowledge of EDA tools, electronic circuit board design and manufacturing. Familiarity with fabrication and test of electronic products
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled employer.
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.