At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
The Primary duties of the Substation Electrical Coordinator are to perform engineering tasks with varying levels of complexity, which are assigned by a Project Engineer or Project Manager.
In the role of Substation Electrical EIT, we'll count on you to:
* Perform assignments exercising judgment in evaluation, selection and modification of electrical engineering techniques and procedures
* Work directly with owners to develop recommendations
* Prepare One Line Diagrams, Elementary Diagrams, Relay Rack Elevations, Wiring Diagrams, Cable Schedules, and Bill of Materials for substation design projects.
* Assist with the development of cost estimates and design specifications.
* Perform routine engineering and design tasks, and participate in field reviews or construction observation.
* Work under the direct supervision of a Project Engineer, APM, or PM.
* May work independently on small tasks and may assist senior engineers on larger, more complex projects.
* Review electrical documents for areas of conflict with all disciplines
* Write/edit electrical specifications, select equipment and electrical devices
* Take on contract administration responsibilities requiring field inspections and conflict resolution
* Make decisions on significant design and engineering features as needed
* Function as a Project Manager on small and mid-size projects as needed, but project management is not the principal focus of position
* Supervise work of Electrical CAD Technicians and coordinate design of assigned projects with architectural staff and other engineering disciplines as needed
* Perform other duties as needed
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering is required.
* 2 years engineering experience in Substation design projects required.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, MicroStation a plus.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Desire to pursue growth opportunities and obtain registration
* An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
* EIT Preferred. Candidates hired without EIT will be called Substation Designer.
* Preferred knowledge in Southern California Edison substation design.
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
We provide a comprehensive benefits package that promotes employee ownership, employee health, performance, and success, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time off, parental leave, paid holidays, 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match, employee referral bonuses and tuition reimbursement. The expected compensation range for this position is $60,536.00 - $86,480.00 annually depending upon skills, experience, education and geographical location.