About Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University:
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an independent, culturally diverse institution providing quality education and research in aviation, aerospace, engineering and other related fields with residential campuses located in Daytona Beach, Florida and Prescott, Arizona. The University's Worldwide campus provides educational opportunities online and at approximately 130 locations throughout the United States, Asia, Europe, and Central/South America.
As the largest and most comprehensive aviation and aerospace-focused university in the world, Embry-Riddle is a unique institution. Over the past 90 years, the University has evolved with the industry to break new ground and produce top-level graduates who serve the ever-changing needs of aviation and aerospace and other STEM-related disciplines. Embry-Riddle offers programs in seven primary fields of study including: Applied Science; Aviation; Business; Computers and Technology; Engineering; Safety, Security and Intelligence; and Space.
For Academic Year 2021-22, there were over 11,100 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students that attended the University's residential campuses and approximately 20,195 students in total enrolled with the University around the world.
Embry-Riddle is now hiring an Executive Director for Career Services to oversee the Daytona Beach Campus team. The Executive Director is responsible for leading the Career Services team to identify, promote, and manage all facets of career planning, career development, job search, and cooperative/internship education position assistance services to students and graduates of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University's Daytona Beach campus.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Oversee and actively participate in the development, maintenance, and strengthening of relationships between campuses, employers, students, and university staff/faculty related to career development, cooperative education/internship programs, and job search assistance. Manage, train, motivate and evaluate personnel reporting to the Daytona Beach Career Services Office. Responsible for Career Services' annual operating and Industry/Career Expo budgets.
- Develop and foster strong partnerships with employer organizations that have been identified as potential prospects for creating agreements that provide programs to our students, including a guaranteed interview for those candidates that meet the eligibility requirements. Programs could include co-ops/internships, direct-hire, bridge programs, etc. Manage high-level recruiting assignments and delegate additional recruiting assignments to the career services team in order to meet student and current graduate employment goals within established deadlines and guidelines in a time-sensitive environment. Provide an educational tutorial to industry representatives on all Embry-Riddle programs. Conduct virtual and in-person visits to potential employers and manage high-level negotiations from initial step to concluding a formal agreement; Communicate partnerships and collaborate with college deans and program directors for further actions/development of potential programs.
- In collaboration with the Career Services staff, determine annual and ongoing priorities for Career Services, working diligently to bring these priorities to fruition. Form and actively participate in committees charged with moving Career Services forward on many fronts (e.g. Admissions, Marketing, Diversity, Alumni and Development, Veteran Services, etc.). Carry out the strategic initiatives and operations of Career Services for the Daytona Beach campus by leading strategic planning retreats. Establish and implement university policies and procedures. Research and implement career-related assessment tools and create new programs that may benefit all campuses.
- Oversee the management of the Career Services Office's database system, ensuring accurate input of contacts/employed/offered/salary information into the database. Initiate and oversee research projects to identify and develop career opportunities (permanent and co-op/internship). Disseminate industry outlooks, trends, and various career-related reports. Ensure University statistical data reports are completed/distributed for the first destination employment and cooperative/internship education experiences.
- Master's degree in related field
- At least 7 years of demonstrated experience leading and managing teams, preferably in career services
- Must have budgetary, and relationship-building skills, as well as strategic planning/visioning aptitude
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical skills with an in-depth knowledge of information systems and technical expertise with Microsoft operating systems, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook/email, and Internet end-user applications
- Ability to interact tactfully and professionally with all constituents and have the ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and operate in a team-oriented environment. Position requires professional dress, mannerisms, and behavior
- To be considered, please include a resume/CV and cover letter.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University recognizes the value of diversity and is dedicated to fostering a positive climate in which all students, faculty, and staff are encouraged in their professional, social, and intellectual pursuits. Embry-Riddle is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for qualified individuals. The University does not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.