Mortenson's success is not a matter of luck; it's a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002.
...What are you waiting for?!
Mortenson's Portland office is looking to add a Scheduler to the team. This individual will perform routine planning and scheduling assignments that require the selection and application of basic scheduling principles and techniques with oversight.
What you will be doing:
- Assist in drafting schedules using common CPM scheduling programs with oversight
- Support supervision through the monitoring and updating of project schedules
- Assist site management to formulate mitigation plans to correct scheduling problems
- Effectively work and build relationships with those of diverse backgrounds and organizational levels
- All other duties as assigned
- Basic knowledge of scheduling concepts, principles, practices and company software
- Basic knowledge of standard construction practices and project sequencing
- Ability to exercise creativity and mature judgement in anticipating and solving problems
- Basic plan and specification reading, review and interpretation skills
- Ability to work in a cross-functional, collaborative, team-based environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with initiative to seek innovative solutions
- Results-oriented to ensure delivery of appropriate products and services in an accurate, complete and timely fashion
- Active listening skills and effective communication, including an openness to diverse input and feedback
- Ability to travel may be required based on operating group
Education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent field
- Prior experience on construction job sites preferred
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.