The University of Mississippi Landscape Department is seeking student workers to perform general landscaping duties.
Performs general landscaping duties, including:
* Cuts lawns using power mower; operates trucks and tractors as required.
* Picks up trash and debris from campus grounds, streets and walks.
* Trims and edges around walks, flowerbeds and walls using clippers and edging tools.
* Prunes shrubs and hedges to shape and improve growth.
* Rakes and removes leaves; cleans drainage ditches and culverts and hauls debris to dumping area.
* Waters lawns and shrubs during dry periods using hose or by activating fixed or portable sprinkler system.
* Sprays lawns, shrubs and trees with fertilizer or insecticides.
* Sweeps and cleans streets; removes snow, ice and debris from streets and walks as required.
* Applicants must list the number of hours he/she can work and/or their class schedule.
* Applicant must have a valid driver's license.
Hourly pay rate: $12.50/hr
The University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity in any employment practice, education program, or education activity to all qualified persons. The University complies with all applicable laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based upon race, color, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, citizenship, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.