At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.What you will be responsible for:THE ROLEUtilizes strong investment and operational industry knowledge, the Trading Operations Specialist team works with the trading/investment department to perform a specialist set of duties related to trade matching and sell side inquiries. As a global team, Global Trade Solutions team is responsible for the trading systems' data integrity, order entry monitoring, trade date matching, internal & external reporting, preparation of documentation and execution of internal control reviews that mitigate process risk. Using knowledge and experience, the Senior Trading Support Associate acts to fulfill these responsibilities across their assigned desks.WHAT YOU WILL DO
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Performs trade date matching of equity, fixed income and derivative trades utilizing CTM, Heliograph, and other industry applications. Manage matching of MFS trade details with the counterparty on trade date. working with various US and Non-US brokers,
- Handles all inquiries into the trading desk from sell side broker operations and sales offices, MFS Operations (trade settlements, pricing, and performance groups) and MFS Compliance.
- Ensures data integrity within the trading/investment systems.
- Drives the preparation and review of Director of Trading reporting and other risk mitigation reporting packages on a daily, monthly, quarterly and semiannual basis to identify, rectify, and escalate anomalies.
- Collaborates with departments/teams across the firm, including global investment technology support, compliance and others to assist with and drive process improvements for new account setup, account transitions and security setup.
- Represents the Global Trade Solutions team on investment technology and investment operations project teams to improve workflow and technology efficiency. Has a familiarity with applications, such as Tableau, that could provide enhancements to our current spreadsheet or reporting creation process.
- Monitors a variety of system checks to ensure data accuracy within the Trading and accounting systems throughout the trade lifecycle.
- Develops a solid understanding of the investment strategies, and trading patterns for the designated investment and trading teams.
- Performs additional duties as requested
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- 4 years financial services experience and/or 1-2 years in a trading type environment preferred.
- Specific investment management front office knowledge preferred.
- Familiarity with currency trading preferred.
- Knowledge of Charles River Trading Systems, or similar trading platform functionality preferred.
- Knowledge of electronic trade date matching using CTM or similar industry trade matching platform preferred.
- Familiarity with Tableau and/or other data visualization software a plus.
- Familiarity with Python and/or other coding application software a plus.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Personal initiative/problem solving skills/strong attention to detail
- Ability to cover off-hour shifts when needed
At MFS, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply - you might be just the right candidate for this role or others.What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment (remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting.
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the request can be accommodated.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision, linked for your reference.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Click here to view the EEO is the Law poster and supplement.