Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
GHD is currently seeking a Graduate Transportation Engineer with 0-2 years of applicable experience to join our Transportation team! We have exciting transportation and related infrastructure projects underway across California and the West and are looking for EIT-level or entry-level Civil Engineers to join our dynamic team. This position will be based in Concord CA.
We have a great and supportive office culture that encourages collaboration and community involvement. As one of California's largest Engineering and Environmental firms, we collaborate across engineering and environmental subject areas on diverse projects. We also have excellent in-house resources such as marketing, graphics, finance, safety, and more.
The position offers a wide variety of tasks across various projects:
- Assistance in the preparation of CAD drawings / construction documents
- Preparing design concept drawings and ideas for discussion and conceptual development
- Preparing detailed drawings that require a degree of technical design applying knowledge of relevant design principles
- Preparing calculations for quantities and costing of projects
- Receiving training in different phases of office and field work including design, drawings, construction review, site surveys, studies, and assist in the preparation of fee proposals, memoranda, letters and reports.
- Coordinating with other subject areas including architectural, survey, traffic, and structural
- Communicating with partner firms and clients on details (mostly internal)
- Recommending improvements and innovations
- Ensuring timely production of deliverables
- Carrying out quality checks and procedures
The ideal candidate would possess the following abilities:
- EIT preferable
- Experience using AutoCAD & Civil 3D or MicroStation & InRoads preferred. Previous experience applying these skills in an internship or similar role will be highly regarded.
- Strong teammate, with the ability to work independently when required, collaborative in open sharing of information and knowledge with team
- Good time management ability, ability to handle conflicting priorities and work in a dynamic environment
- Attention to detail and ability to complete diverse assignments -using strong written and verbal communication skills
- Driven to meet challenging deadlines
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or similar qualifications
- 0-2 years of proven industry experience
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.