Simon, the Colas USA subsidiary that operates throughout Colorado, Nebraska, South Dakota, and Wyoming, specializes in aggregates, asphalt, and ready-mix concrete production, asphalt paving, and concrete, bridge, highway, and utility construction. Through strong local ties backed by global resources, we focus on quality and value to deliver the best products and services for our clients. What we do is bigger than construction - it is about connecting communities, building new roads to the future, and keeping the spirit of the pioneers alive and well. To learn more about Simon visit .
Throughout Colas USA, we provide competitive pay, outstanding benefits, career advancement opportunities, professional education, and extensive training for every employee. We pride ourselves on upholding the highest standards of safety, environmental conservation, and ethical conduct as we strive to grow our infrastructure products and services through empowering and developing our people, fostering innovation, utilizing new technology, and maximizing vertical integration at all levels of the company's value chain. To learn more about the Colas USA Family of Companies, please visit .
Simon, and the rest of the Colas USA Family of Companies, is part of the Colas Group, the worldwide leader in transportation infrastructure construction and maintenance. For information on our international network visit .
Supports aggregate production operations by performing physical work required to maintain efficient operation of plant and related equipment.
* Embrace the Company's safety culture, actively support all safety initiatives, and adhere to defined accountabilities implemented by the Safety Steering and Continuous Improvement teams
* Support, promote, and practice the Company core values, vision, and mission; follow code of ethics, workplace conduct, safety, and other established policies
*Observe safety procedures, report potentially unsafe conditions, and use equipment and materials properly
*Communicate professionally with others in person, over the phone, and on company radio channels
*Perform manual/physical tasks required in plant operation and maintenance activities
*Work closely with plant operators, equipment operators, drivers and others in completion of assigned tasks
*Assist with minor equipment maintenance and repair, including lubrication, replacing oil/fluids, and re-fueling
*Operates vehicles and small mobile equipment to assist with production tasks and site maintenance
*Complete other related projects/tasks as assigned
* High school diploma or GED preferred
* Valid drivers' license with ability to maintain a clean driving history required
*Prior experience working in construction, mining or similar industry preferred
*Mechanical aptitude preferred
*Ability to learn new skills related to mining and crushing operations
*Ability to read and interpret written policies and procedures related to plant equipment operations and safety
*Ability to work in a team environment and follow direction
*Ability to safely operate tools and equipment
*Ability to interact professionally with others
*MSHA certification or ability to obtain certification required
* Wear and maintain personal protective equipment (PPE) as required
* Regularly required to lift and /or move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance
* Regularly required to use hands to feel, handle, and manipulate objects
* Regularly required to communicate (talk and hear)
* Regularly required to read and understand signage, labels, and written instructions
* Regularly required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
* Regularly required to stand/work on feet for long periods, and walk across uneven terrain
* Occasionally exposed to working from high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock
* Mining environment; regularly exposed to all outdoor weather conditions, dust, airborne particles, fuel/chemicals, loud noise, moving equipment/parts, and vibration
Compensation*: $18.00-$24.00 DOE
*Estimated target starting compensation; actual compensation to be determined based on assessment of an individual's qualifications, education, and experience relevant to the role.
Benefits: All full-time hourly employees are eligible to participate in Simon benefits as defined in plan documents. Available benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, term life insurance, supplemental life insurance, 401K with company match, short-term disability, flexible spending plan, and education assistance. Other benefits include eight paid holidays, and access to available company discounts.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Benefit offerings subject to change.
Colas Inc. and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer. For details on the specifics of this commitment, please click here to view the.If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to:
Please contact Colas Inc. at 973-290-9082 or send an email to.