Allspring is a leading asset management firm with close to $465 billion of assets under management, 24 offices globally, and specialized investment teams supported by more than 480 investment professionals. Allspring and our investment teams provide a broad range of differentiated products and solutions to help our diverse range of clients meet their investment objectives. We leverage the diversity of people, ideas, and skills to help our clients pursue their financial goals.
With a rich and established history in the asset management industry, Allspring is now a "start-up at scale" having spun off from Wells Fargo and acquired by and in November 2021. The new name, Allspring Global Investments, reflects our commitment to renewal, growth, and meaningful client outcomes. With decades of trusted expertise propelling us forward, we're a company staying true to our core investment roots while reinventing ourselves to offer today's investors a fresh perspective.
Allspring is seeking a Cloud Engineer to join Allspring Engineering and Technology (AllspringET) team. The Cloud Engineer will be based in the US and build successful AWS cloud implementation projects that deliver successfully across security, operability, scale and performance dimensions.
The successful candidate will:
- Act as hands-on expert and builder for cloud-based technologies with security, performance, operability and scale in mind
- Act as internal expert to technology and business groups, enabling and supporting the adoption of cutting-edge front-end technologies
- Build strong relationships with developers, technology teams, solution teams and business application owners
- Form and implement and enforce industry best practices.
- Develop and implement new innovative and differentiating cloud technologies,
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals
- Bachelor's degree or higher MIS, CS or other technology related field
- 10+ years of engineering and technology experience, preferably in Financial Services, Technology, or related field
- Be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and prioritize duties to meet deadlines with limited supervision
- Proven strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective influencing and consensus-building skills
- Strategic focus on problem-solving
- Strong teaching and mentoring skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Position may require occasional travel outside of primary work location
- 5+ years of AWS or other hyperscale cloud provider implementation experience
- Proven experience working effectively in heavily distributed environment
- Consulting experience is a plus
- Exhibited experience with maintaining strong documentation
- Experience with the ability to transfer knowledge to key members of the team and act as a value-added resource
- Proven experience of being on-call for support and maintenance issues; able to troubleshoot independently
- Ability to interact confidently with counterparts at all levels within the firm
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability collaborate with teams spanning a range of locations
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.