Location: Annapolis, MD
Job ID: #65231
Seeking a motivated AutoCAD drafter that also has hardware integration experience, to be part of the Rail Integration team responsible for supporting a variety of Systems for the Transit industry. The candidate will be responsible for drafting the rack layouts, wiring, elevations, networking drawings in accordance with the engineers' designs. The candidate will also be expected to perform as member of a technical team utilizing effective communication skills. Our team consists of integration engineers, technicians, communication engineers and system administrators and the technician will work with these teammates to complete the variety of tasks on projects. These projects include SCADA, Customer Information Systems (CIS), Networking and CCTV technologies. The candidate will utilize normal test or diagnostic equipment and be responsible to perform assembly, testing, troubleshooting, repair, and modification of various moderate to complex electronics/transportation equipment in accordance with Wabtec Quality Standards.
* Create AutoCAD drawings that reflect Engineers' designs and project need.
* Modify existing drawings for redline corrections and updates
* Work with the Engineering team to create As Built Drawings to accurately captured field installation
* Convert customer drawings into Wabtec format
* Understands the importance of accurate paperwork and how it impacts the fabrication and testing process. Supports and promotes continuous process improvement and Lean initiatives.
* Provide lab and field support of system integration engineering activities
* Install various software applications on computer workstations and complete basic configuration tasks.
* Physically checks wiring and operation of various electronic parts, units, and systems components.
o This position requires a HS Diploma with 6 years relevant experience OR
o AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
o Experience with AutoCAD software
o Experience Creating single line power and network drawings
o Experience creating elevation drawings
o Experience importing Excel Spreadsheets into drawings
o Experience working with Engineering/technical team
o Ability to perform production of a wide variety of electronic and electro-mechanical assemblies - panels, and/or racks
o Ability to use and operate hand tools and test equipment
o Familiarity with Windows OS and the ability to configure basic computer workstation settings
o Familiarity with Reddit drafting software a plus
o Expected travel 10 to 25%
Benefits provided: 6 paid holidays, 401K, medical, dental, and vision, sick time as applicable to state law
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity and inclusion for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.