BPM is a full service accounting firm providing comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services to clients globally. We are one of the largest California-based accounting firms and have built our success by focusing on our clients and our people. Our client base encompasses a complex array of sophisticated clients that keep our staff intellectually challenged every day.
Our people-centered culture and firm motto "Because People Matter" has allowed us to be consistently recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle.
Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
Learn more about BPM on or our key leaders on LinkedIn like , , and . You will likely meet some of these people during your interview process!We have:
You have (requirements):
- Consistent recognition as one of the Bay Area's "Best Places to Work"
- Recognition as "Top 5 Accounting Firm in the Bay Area"
- Summer Hours - Leave early on Friday afternoons from June to August!
- BPMU - A corporate university that's dedicated to your career growth and development
- Flexibility in your day-to-day work schedule
- Rich diversity in the clients, industries, and overall work
You will (job responsibilities):
- Licensed CPA.
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 4+ years' experience in public accounting in a variety of industries including Technology, Life Sciences, Consumer Products, Financial services, or Non-Profits; SEC experience preferred.
- Experience auditing complex accounts like inventory, revenue, equity / stock options, etc.
- Demonstrated leadership/supervisor experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong desire to continuously learn.
- Competently analyzes and prioritizes information to make appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to synthesize all forms of research into clear, thoughtful, actionable deliverables.
- Understands client needs, identifies root causes of problems, and implements pragmatic solutions.
- Responsible for day-to-day planning and execution of multiple client engagements throughout the year.
- Supervise associate level professionals and delegate engagement responsibilities.
- Responsible for communicating and resolving all issues that arise during the audit engagement with the support of the engagement manager.
- Develop and execute audit strategy from planning to reporting.
- Develop and maintain client relationships, thus driving client satisfaction.
- Research, understand and apply complex accounting concepts and auditing procedures.
- Draft financials and report audit findings (both verbal and written).
- Develop, motivate and mentor associates by providing training, regular feedback and career guidance while fostering a team environment.
The salary range provided is intended for candidates in the San Francisco Bay Area who meet the minimum requirements of the position. Candidates who do not reside in the San Francisco Bay Area, do not meet the minimum requirements, or exceed the requirements are encouraged to apply and a recruiter will provide you with a range specific to your location and qualifications.
Wondering if you should apply?
BPM is powered by knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and forward-thinking people committed to developing a culture of inclusion. We recognize, develop, and empower talent and encourage diversity of thought. Your point of view, skillset and experience will only make us stronger, so if you're eager to share new ideas and try new things, we want to hear from you.
BPM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note - this posting is for prospective candidates only. Unsolicited third party resume submissions will be considered property of BPM and will not be acknowledged or returned.