At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.What you will be responsible for:
As a full-time member of a Scrum Team, the Lead Analyst will have a prominent role in gathering and documenting requirements for our MFS corporate web site properties. This includes both the back-end database and services requirements related to the data definition/sourcing/movement needed for our investment products, as well as the presentation of that data and other fund-specific literature on the front-end of MFS.com.
To achieve this, independently meet with management and business partners at all levels of the organization to gather these requirements. Develop and maintain formal specifications that clearly outline the key requirements elicited from business users. Work closely with other members of the Scrum Team to develop, test, and deploy web site code and systems, including integrations with MFS custom developed internal and external vendor systems.
- Meets with key stakeholders across the organization to gather requirements related to enhancements for MFS.com and maintains support to MFS.com. Deliver world-class digital solutions aligned with MFS goals and strategies
- Acts as a liaison between business stakeholders and the technology organization to ensure proper implementation of requirements within the expected timetable. Communicates any material modifications of business requirements to business stakeholders
- Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements
- Provides input into the strategic planning of the department's initiatives and resources
- Collaborates with the QA team in developing high level test plans. Reviews test cases developed by the QA team. Works with automated testing team when needed for performance/load testing as well as automated regression testing
- Works to ensure a positive end product for business stakeholders by overseeing the implementation of new software. Creates and maintains proper training materials and business documentation
- Follows the MFS Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), ensuring that all steps of the process have been followed prior to releasing any code
- Provides application and production support as needed to the departments and systems that they support
- Creates business requirement documents including but not limited to detailed workflow diagrams, use cases, business process flows and data flow diagrams
- Partners with Enterprise Architecture (EA) and Enterprise Information Management (EIM) teams to ensure project related work is adhering to data quality and data governance guidelines
- Mentors and advises less experienced Analysts
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline with 7+ yrs. professional experience in web or application technology
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with ability to negotiate and influence critical decisions
- Ability to write clear and concise business requirements for enterprise-wide initiatives
- Ability to present technical concepts in business terms when eliciting, validating, and prioritizing requirements
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks under tight deadlines
- Proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to make independent decisions
- An in-depth understanding of systems development lifecycle in an Agile environment. Ability to perform detailed analysis on these systems at all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Proven ability to develop creative solutions to meet business needs
- Ability to provide input on strategic planning
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with employees at all organizational levels.
- Self-motivated individual who can work well in a challenging, fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative team environment
- Advanced ability to consider the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future state business environment
- Proven ability to write/run SQL queries and analyze the result set
- Experience working with and analyzing data; basic understanding of relational databases
Preferred (but not required) Qualifications:
- Experience working for an investment management firm
- Experience as a member of a larger team that was responsible for the design, development, implementation and testing of corporate web site properties, for both the desktop and mobile platforms
- Familiarity with user experience best practices that include but are not limited to prototyping, research methods, usability testing, human factors design, and localization / globalization
- Some experience with Adobe Experience Manager - publishing, workflows, authoring, DAM management
- Experience playing a lead role while working with Agile project methodology on large-scale initiatives. This includes working as a dedicated member of Agile scrum team. Deeply experienced in all scrum-related activities and ceremonies - daily scrum, refinement, retrospectives, etc.
- Experience with the following Agile tools - Jira, Confluence
- Familiarity with the creation and maintenance of a Data Access Layer (DAL) that provides simplified access to data that is then made available to MFS.com database via replication, ETL or API
- General knowledge and understanding of ETLs, source tables and views that house data
- General knowledge and understanding with different web services and APIs
At MFS, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply - you might be just the right candidate for this role or others.What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment (remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting.
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the request can be accommodated.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision, linked for your reference.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Click here to view the EEO is the Law poster and supplement.