First Merchants Bank is seeking a Customer Relationship Representative (Universal Banker) to join our team! This full time position will focus on providing high quality customer service by accurately and efficiently completing bank transactions and suggesting the products and services that meet the current and future financial needs of bank customers. We support you so you can exceed personal sales and service goals while delivering a meaningful customer experience.
As part of this role you will:
- Provide excellent customer service by:
- Responding to customer requests for banking transactions.
- Answering customer inquiries and problems with solutions that meet the customer's current needs.
- Continually building customer loyalty and customer advocates.
- Contribute to overall banking center operation by:
- Balance cash, daily transactions, vault and ATM.
- Understanding and ensuring compliance, regulations and reporting.
- Following information security policy and verification procedures to protect customer privacy.
- Assist with opening and/or closing banking center.
- Actively participate in a high performing sales environment by:
- Selling bank products, making customer referrals and other activities to support the goals.
- Knowing about all bank products.
- Participating in daily/weekly meetings and coaching sessions.
- Lead and act as an example to others by:
- Training, coaching, and guiding staff with operational and sales skills.
- Attending and/or completing applicable and required training sessions.
- Actively participating in leading the sales and service activities at the Banking Center.
- Assisting in banking center operations and ensure policies and procedures are followed.
To be successful in this position, we require the following:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Minimum of 6 (six) months of experience selling products or services.
- Minimum of 1 (one) year of sales, banking and/or related experience.
- S.A.F.E. Act Registration at the time of employment through the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS). This must be met within 3 (three) months of hire date.
- Ability to obtain Notary Public designation.
The following would be a plus:
- Prior banking experience.
- Ability to sell and cross-sell bank products and services.
First Merchants offers the following:
- Base Pay PLUS Bonuses
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vacation/Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Additional Benefits
A little about us:
First Merchants is guided by a genuine philosophy of being a meaningful place to work and having a prosperous impact across all walks of life throughout the communities we serve, including consumers, businesses and other organizations. Our Vision, Mission and Team statement reflect and reinforce that authentic service philosophy.
Our Vision is:
To enhance the financial wellness of the diverse communities we serve.
Our Mission is:
To be the most responsive, knowledgeable, and high-performing financial organization for our clients, teammates, and shareholders.
"We are a collection of dynamic colleagues with diverse experiences and perspectives who share a passion for positively impacting lives. We are genuinely committed to attracting and engaging teammates of diverse backgrounds. We believe in the power of inclusion and belonging."
Apply today to begin your career with us!
High School (required)
Over one (1) year of banking, sales, or related experience. At least six months of experience selling products or services. (required)
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
First Merchants Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participant (M/F/D/V).