Supervises barge cleaning/repair operations. Supervises the safe and efficient operations of the cleaning and repair of barges and ensures that company policies, state and federal procedures/requirements are being followed
Your Responsibilities - How You Will Make an IMPACT!
- Coordinates and oversees day to day barge cleaning and repair operations at assigned fleet.
- Coordinates cleaning plant work force daily with outside contractors.
- Achieve "zero" barges awaiting cleaning and/or repair daily.
- Daily communication with Barge Maintenance regarding barge statuses, condition, and completions & damage claims.
- Task includes spot audits to insure conformance with company and Federal requirements.
- Oversees and directs workforce to maintain and upgrade facilities.
- Directs labor force with non-cleaning plan/facility job tasks.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment, tractor, bobcat, bull dozier, front-end loader and track crane capabilities.
- Help maintain facility compliance to all state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Barge cleaning, repair, and status metric updates per excel spreadsheets. Ability to interpret information contained therein and make changes to all work-related processes as needed.
- Promote safety in all aspects of job processes.
- Order needed materials, supplies, tools, and gases to ensure a continual workflow process with minimal interruptions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications - What You Will Bring to the ACBL Team
- 1 - 2 years barging repair / shipyard.
- 5-7 years of previous brown water barge supervision cleaning and repair competence is preferred.
- TWIC card required.
- Effectively uses all safety equipment as required by ACBL policies, such as hearing protection, eye protection, gloves, flashlights, life jackets or work vest and steel-toed boots. Must adhere to safety standards required.
- Valid driver's license required
- Knowledge of barging operations and river system is required.
- Crane Operator certification preferred.
- Knowledge of USCG, OSHA, MSDS regulations required
- Proficiency in using MS Office software products is preferred.
American Commercial Barge Line is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
American Commercial Barge Line is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.