BLUvera, Mortenson's vertically integrated manufacturing and fabrication affiliate, utilizes advanced design, engineering, 3D modeling, and manufacturing to deliver a safer, faster, and more predictable experience to the built environment. By utilizing DfMA principles (design for manufacturing and assembly), BLUvera leverages technology in the manufacture and fabrication of off-site construction products- enabling our customers to realize the schedule and cost savings that the industrialized process creates. Our aim is to transform the way we build things, turning digital models into precision specified building components, not just by being at the leading edge of industry disruption, but creating it!
The Big Picture:
BLUvera's Assistant Design Phase Manager will be responsible for providing technical project leadership during the design phase as it relates to customer experience, financial performance, schedule, estimating, design, and planning which results in a smooth transition to construction operations. Provide project leadership during the design phase of smaller scale projects and/or support Design Phase Manager with project leadership during the design phase of larger scale projects. May work on two (2) projects simultaneously or one (1) larger project.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Lead the Mortenson project team in achieving, schedule alignment, an integrated team experience, and construction readiness
- Establish and manage project budget and scope expectations, budget trending logs, and any associated communications and resources
- Support Design Phase Manager and/or Construction Executive with management of design phase cost issues
- Create and manage project schedules and key achievements, hold team members accountable for reaching set achievements during the design phase
- Ensure regulatory approvals and permits are obtained
- Ensure proper alignment of design documents and project execution plan
- Responsible for bid packages (designer and/or trade partner), third party reviewer bid packages, and contract manuals
- Support Design Phase Manager and/or Construction Executive with negotiating agreements, including but not limited to owners, designers, trade partners, critical equipment purchase agreements and third-party review consultants
- Identify and resolve technical design and specification concerns
- Ensure Mortenson project teams conduct timely constructability reviews
- Assist in project margin plan development.
- Foster an integrated team experience through communication and collaboration
- Manage, mentor, and guide design phase team engineers and project/field engineers supporting pre-construction efforts to ensure clear direction and career growth
- Effectively work and build relationships with those of diverse backgrounds and organizational levels
How Will You Be Successful?
- Minimum five years relevant experience
- Strong teamwork orientation, initiative, communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and manage multiple project tasks
- Basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Microsoft Office, project, and pertinent web application skills at an intermediate level
- Shown positive and professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies
- Active listening skills and effective communication including an openness to diverse input and feedback
- Knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity, inclusive behaviors, and Affirmative Action plans and their intended use
- Bachelor's degree in Construction, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical or Architectural Engineering, Construction Management, Estimating, or equivalent field
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.